Chapter Twenty-two

"I don't want to see my children turn against each other!" Aira screamed at Xavier.

"But don't you see? We already have."

Aira shot awake with a start. Lloyd awoke and jerked up at her sudden movement. She put her head in her hands. Lloyd wrapped an arm around her and held her close.

"It's time isn't it?" Aira asked with dread.

"Yes, it is," Lloyd said sadly. "I fear for them too, Aira, but what will happen will happen. Everything happens for a reason."

"I know."

********************************

Julia reached into her closet and pulled out her GI. She slowly pulled it on and pulled her belt around her waist. She placed the sword her father had given her in it's sheath. She placed a dagger in each leather boot and started to pull her hair back but felt someone begin to do it for her. She allowed whoever it was to do so. When they had finished she turned to see her dad.

"When did you learn to put hair into ponytails?" Julia said trying to be happy.

"I used to do your mom's hair all the time. She was my Windy," he said simply. "You stay safe."

"I love you, Daddy," she said throwing her arms around him. "You stay safe too."

"I've been doing this for years," he laughed. "I'll be fine."

"I hope we will all be fine after this," Julia whispered.

"Either way, you will fight and you will win," he said with confidence.

She stayed silent and hoped he was right.

********************************

Kyle looked at himself in the mirror. He had his white GI on. He looked like his father had before he had become the titanium ninja. It was funny that they looked so much alike even though they weren't blood related. He frosted the mirror and it cracked. That's how he felt right now. A cracked and broken mirror image of the person he used to be.

********************************

Jason picked up his nunchucks. He looked at then carefully before attaching them to his belt. He was normally happy and bubbly but now he just felt numb. He looked at his hands and then his face hardened. He pulled his gloves on and pulled his hood up in determination.

********************************

Amaya hugged her sons tightly. Cole was standing nearby looking at his family with pain in his eyes. Why couldn't they have normal live instead of having to fear for their lives from day to day. Amaya looked up at him. He never would've guess that they would've ended up married with two kids. It's funny how fate works.

Noah knew that he needed to do something. He wasn't going to stay here and do nothing but he tried to keep that to himself. He didn't want to worry his parents. He would be there for his parents wether they liked it or not.

He clenched a fist and pulled his GI shirt on. Amaya stood and spun quickly changing using her Spinjitzu. She had a light blue and black GI. Halfway matching her husband. She took Cole's hand and they shared a silent message. Whatever happened. They would make it through.

********************************

Zane held Pixal close. She was shaking. Her entire family was going to battle. She just prayed that they would all return.

Zane's face was etched with worry but a deep resolve. He would get his daughter back and keep his son safe.

*******************************

Kai sat on the bed cross legged and deep in thought. Skylor sat down next to him and began to play with his spiky hair.

Luke watched from the door. He was scared that his parents wouldn't come back. Kai noticed him and held out a hand. Luke came forward and hugged his parents.

Kai knew what he had to do even if it meant fighting his own daughter. He still saw her as his little girl. Why did the world have to be so cruel?

******************************

Jay spoke quietly to Natalie as Nya watched. He assured her that they would be back but would they? He really was a great father. He put his family before himself. He stood and pulled his hood up.

Nya and Natalie could both sense the torment that Jay was feeling inside. Nya hugged Jay from behind and buried her head in his back.

*******************************

Aira hugged her three youngest children. Haden even gave her a kiss on the cheek. All this had made him have to grow up too fast. Jacqueline looked scared. She was definitely the quietest and meekest of the family but she was also the kindest. James didn't quiet understand but looked scared. Lloyd held each of his children close.

Julia watch from nearby. Aira couldn't believe how grown up she was. She was eighteen and a beautiful young woman. She wore her green and white GI with a golden sash. She looked so much like her father. Her blond hair floated about her shoulders and her blue eyes shone.

Lloyd was whispering to the children telling them how much he loved them. He wasn't quiet sure why he was so much more scared than normal. Then again he hadn't had children to think of last time they were going into a major battle. He wasn't scared for himself; he was scared for what his children may go through if he didn't return. Then he looked in each of their eyes and saw faith. He knew they would make it through.

********************************

Ronin held his son close. Tyson was all he had and Ronin was all Tyson had. He couldn't leave him but he needed to help the ninja. He began to tell Tyson about his mom and how much she loved him. Then he told him how proud he was of him and how much he loved him. Tyson held back tears and held his father tight. Ronin began to wonder if Tyson knew more than he was telling. He hoped he didn't.

**********************************

"This is going to be the hardest challenge they have ever faced," Wu said softly.

"It's so much harder when your children are at stake," Garmadon whispered.

"I know," Wu said sadly.

"Did you ever find him?" Garmadon asked.

"No, I never did and probably never will," Wu sighed.

"How long has he been gone?"

"Since he was a baby. He should be around twenty-five now."

"Prodigal children usually return," Garmadon assured his brother.

"I hope so."

******************************

Lloyd, Aira, Nya, Jay, Kai, Skylor, Zane,  Cole, Amaya, Julia, Kyle, and Jason all exchanged looks.

The two Sensei, Misako, Pixal, Haden, Natalie, and the younger children all watched from the door.

The ninja took a deep breath and walked forward. Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Zane, and Cole looked at each other. It was almost like old times. Just the five of them but now it was more. They called up their dragons and took off. The others followed. Ronin took off in Rex and they made their way to the challenge ahead.

A/n- Wow, I felt so melancholy writing this chapter. Next chapter is the beginning of the end so to speak. Hope you enjoyed! Mentally prepare for next chapter. -LL_17