Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/n- Fifty-four followers! I can't believe it! Thank you to all my readers! This wouldn't have been possible without your encouragement! -LL_17

Xavier sat quietly in the corner of the monastery's large family room.

"So why did you all get captured?" He finally asked. "I know you would never get captured that easily normally."

"We had a feeling that your seeing us hurt might start to clear your mind," Lloyd explained.

"You know me too well," Xavier said with a slight smirk.

"Xavier, you mustn't think about what happened," Julia said.

"I caused a lot of pain, sis," Xavier said. "That's not just going to go away. Even if I wasn't under the influence of magic, I still did some bad things. Also I gave into the darkness too easily."

"It could have been worse," Kai said.

"Much worse," Aira agreed.

"We all have wounds that need to heal," Garmadon said wisely.

"Yet wounds sometimes turn to scars," Xavier spat.

"And scars fade eventually," Lloyd said counteracting his son's negativity. "It could've been much worse, Son. The important thing is that you have come back to us."

"But why did Sephtis do that to me?"

"He was insane. You can't reason with insanity," Lloyd said.

"I for one think you all have nothing to complain about," Jay pouted.

He was sitting in a wheelchair. He couldn't walk for the next three months according to Pixal.

"Sorry about your hip," Xavier grinned sheepishly.

"This is what they said, 'Jay, go home with the others because you're hurt. Jay, we want you to heal properly,' if I had stayed then my hip would be fine," Jay said in a whiny voice.

"You and I are in the same boat, Dad," Jason sighed. He had his arm and shoulder immobilized for a few months.

"Thanks for leaving us there!" A voice yelled from the front door.

"We figured you would make it home alright," Cole said stifling a laugh.

"Really? Really?" The now normal looking Ronin asked in annoyance.

"You had Rex!" Aira giggled.

"He is broken," Ronin said. "It's a good thing your kids have those dragons."

"Daddy! You're-" Tyson started and then gaped at Noah. "Who are you?"

"Tyson, it's me, Noah," Noah smirked.

"What the heck!" Connor yelped at his brother. "You look like you're Kyle's age! Now we can't play anymore!"

"Of course we can! Just because I'm older doesn't mean I'm going to abandon you guys. You can thank Stephanie for this," Noah said rolling his eyes. "I kinda like being older. And I think my brain is older too."

"It is," Zane said. He was sitting in the corner quietly. Even Pixal hadn't gotten any words out of him. "That's what happened to Lloyd."

"Speaking of which," Julia said. "What was that story you were going to tell us, Dad?"

"I think I hear my mother calling," Lloyd said trying to bolt from the room.

Kai and Katrina blocked his leaving and he groaned. Everyone laughed at his plight. He crossed his arms and sat down on the couch in a huff.