Chapter Twenty

"Why can't I learn this!" Julia yelled in frustration.

"Because you are not allowing yourself to," Garmadon said calmly.

"Grandpa, I don't mean to sound rude but what the heck are you talking about?"

"Your father had the same trouble at your age," Garamadon said not moving. "He was holding himself back."

"I'm not seeing how I'm doing that," Julia said offended.

"You are angry and hurt," Garmadon said giving her a piercing look. "Julia, bitterness only hurts yourself. It does not hurt Katrina or Xavier. It only hurts you."

Julia looked at him for a second and then burst into tears. She sank to the ground and put her face in her hands. She felt her grandfather wrap his arms around her.

"It's not fair!" She sobbed into his shoulder. "He betrayed me! We were so close! And then Katrina betrayed me too! She got my little brother killed! I know he is alive again but he could as easily still be dead! They have grieved my parents as well as everyone else! Why?!"

"We never understand evil or the breaking of family ties. All we can do is be the better person. Forgive but don't forget for we learn from the mistakes of others," Garmadon said wisely.

Julia looked up at him with understanding in her eyes. He saw a tint of gold begin to glow about the outer ring of her iris. She would learn now. It would still hurt but not as much. But most importantly she would learn.

********************************

Alita and Clouse talked in hushed tones as their daughter sat nearby. Alita had noticed something was off as soon as she saw Stephanie. Clouse suspected something too. The time in prison had done Alita some good. She had a lot of time to think and a lot of time to change. Not to mention being a parent tends to change your perspective. They both agreed on something and walked over to Stephanie.

"Stephanie," Alita said softly, "I know you have absolutely no reason to trust us but we don't like Sephtis. We aren't sure why. Being exiled and imprisoned gives one lots of time to think. We don't want to be a part of this. We are together now and we just want to go and lead a normal life. Will you please tell us what has happened since our imprisonment?"

Stephanie looked into their eyes. They seemed sincere but how could she know? She touched there hands and used a mind reading spell. They both knew what she was doing and allowed her to do so. Stephanie reeled back. She saw the hate they had felt but also the pain. Most of all she saw remorse and sincerity. She also was surprised to find love for her. They barely knew her! How could they care about her already?

"We might want to go somewhere private," Stephanie said. She lead them to her small room and shut the door tightly behind her. "I think it best to start from the beginning. There are a total of nine original ninja. Lloyd and his wife Aira, Kai and his wife Skylor, Jay and his wife Nya, Zane,-he is married to Pixal but she is not a ninja- And Cole as well as his wife Amaya."

"Amaya married one of the ninja?" Alita asked surprised.

"How do you know Amaya?" Stephanie asked.

"She never told you?" Alita asked somewhat hurt.

"She doesn't talk about her past much. I know she betrayed Aira to you, Clouse, and Chen but that's it."

"She is my sister and your biological aunt," Alita said.

Stephanie looked at her shocked. Why was she so surprised? She did have a few of her aunt's features. She should have figured it out on her own.

"Oh," was all Stephanie could say. "Anyway; Lloyd and Aira have five children: Xavier, who you met. It's a long story but I'll get there. His twin sister Julia- she is the eldest twin. They both inherited Lloyd's element but Xavier inherited a dark version and Julia a light version. They are both nineteen now. Their birthday was last week. And-"

"I don't mean to be rude," Clouse said. "But can you tell us the children's names later? Tell us what lead up to this."

"I have to at least tell you the children's names otherwise you will be confused," Stephanie explained. Clouse nodded and she continued. "Their third child is Haden-Master of Wind- and then another set of twins: Jacqueline and James. Jacqueline is wind and James is power."

"Busy busy busy," Alita chuckled. Stephanie gagged and ignored her.

"Kai and Skylor have two children: Katrina- who you met- she is fire. And then their son Luke is Amber. Jay and Nya have Jason and Natalie. He is water and she is lightning. My parents- well, my adopted parents- have my older almost twenty year old brother Kyle and I. My brother is ice and I am magic. By the way I met my grandfather, Devron."

"How did you meet him?" Clouse inquired darkly.

"I'll get to that," Stephanie said. "Ronin and his late wife Emily have a son named Tyson. He is actual Sephtis's grandson but we didn't find that out until Devron told us. Not even Emily knew. Oh! By the way when Amaya came to see you she was carrying him. My father was able to transplant the baby from Emily to her."

"The little liar," Alita said without conviction.

"Then lastly, Cole and Amaya have two sons: Noah, who is earth, and Connor, who is weather."

"Not to mention the two Sensei and Misako," Clouse said. "Now can you tell us what happened?"

"So here is how it started-"

~le time skip! She has told them the entire story. Basically this whole book ;)~

"That is an incredible story," Clouse said. "I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen things like this for myself."

"What did Sephtis do to you?" Alita asked shrewdly.

"What makes you think that?"

"Mind reading spells go two ways you know," Alita said.

"No they don't," Stephanie raised an eyebrow.

"Well, like it or not you're my daughter and I can tell," Alita said.

Stephanie began to cry causing her parents alarm. Alita didn't know how to be a mother but she already felt a bond with Stephanie. She slowly wrapped her arms around Stephanie and allowed her to cry into her shoulder.

Alita turned to Clouse and mouthed, 'say something' to him. He looked uncertain.

"Stephanie, you need to tell us," Clouse said.

"He-he-he he raped me," she sobbed. Both Clouse and Alita's eyes widened.

"That's it! We are getting out of here," Alita said in anger.

"That's what you think," a deep voice said behind them. They heard the click of a lock and footsteps walking away.

"He thinks he can keep us in here?" Clouse smirked.

"It's magic proof metal," Stephanie said. "Believe me I could've gotten out easily if it wasn't."

"I believe we may be in trouble," Clouse said worriedly.

A/n- Aren't Clouse and Alita so much more likable when they are being semi-good? I think they are. This is beginning to crescendo into the climax! It'll start to get more intense soon! (BTW Crescendo is a music term for gradually getting louder. I'm using it metaphorically.) Hope you enjoyed! I promise he chapters won't be as dark now. I did the dark chapters for a reason. You will find out soon! -Ll_17