Chapter Twenty-Six

"Pst!" A voice said from above. Lloyd looked up at the noise.

"Is it done?" Lloyd asked looking up.

"Yes, Uncle Ronin unlocked your door," Haden said.

"You head home," Lloyd commanded. "I don't want you getting hurt. Take Aunt Skylor and Uncle Jay with you."

"What?!" Jay asked incredulously.

"You have a broken hip," Lloyd said. "You are in no condition to fight! Neither is Skylor! She has a broken arm!"

"I've handle worse pain before," Jay said.

"But we want you to heal properly so you can help us in the future," Lloyd said putting a hand on Jay's shoulder.

"Fine. I'll go but under protest," Jay said in a miffed tone. "But I really can't walk so I'm not sure how I will be able to get out of here."

"Amaya, you help get them out of here," Cole said.

"I don't want to leave you," Amaya protested.

"Amaya, it's possible that not all of us are going to come back," Cole said sadly. "You need to be there for Connor."

Amaya would've protested again but Cole had put his foot down. She nodded.

"I'll go too," Nya said. "I need to get Jason out of here."

"Here," Stephanie said. She began to move her hands in a circular pattern. A small purple orb appeared. She took a small vial out of her pocket and placed the orb inside. It turned to a liquid. "This is a levitation spell. You can use it to move Jay and Jason through the ventilation ducks."

"Maybe Kai should-" Noah began.

"Oh no! I'm staying here," Kai said venomously.

"Stay safe," Skylor said kissing her husband.

Amaya also said her goodbyes to her son and husband. They had established after twenty-four hours that Noah was going to stay this age permanently. He might as well stay and help his dad.

When those leaving finally got on their way, the others surveyed who was still here.

"Wait! Why are you still here Stephanie?!" Zane whisper shouted.

"I'm going to tell Sephtis," Stephanie said. "Maybe it'll get him to stop."

"He is insane, Stephanie," Clouse said. "He can't be reasoned with."

"I'll stay away from the fighting," she promised. "But I'm not leaving."

"You are leaving," Zane and Clouse said at the same time.

"But-"

"They are right, Sis," Kyle said. "It's not safe for your or-well-"

"You can say it, Kyle," Stephanie sighed. "There is no use pretending it isn't happening."

"-or the baby," Kyle said. The words felt weird on his tongue.

"Alright, I'll go," Stephanie said. "Goodbye, I love you all."

She crawled up to the air duct and crawled inside. She didn't leave like she was told however. She crawled through the ducts towards the main room. She decided to sit and wait.

*********************************

"It's not true," Xavier said covering his ears.

"It is true," Katrina said. "Would I lie to you?"

Xavier looked at Katrina in the eyes. He knew that she wasn't lying but he didn't want to believe it.

"I'm so confused!" He yelled. She took a step back in alarm. His arm shot out. "Don't leave."