Chapter Thirteen

Kai noticed her tear-stained face and instantly became alarmed. He also noticed the big bruise on her cheek bone.

Skylor threw her arms around her prodigal daughter.

"He sent me away," Katrina said in between sobs. She was practically hyperventilating.

"Xavier?" Lloyd asked pensively.

"He said he couldn't control the darkness anymore," she said still sobbing. "I tried to help him but he is almost completely dark. He doesn't want to hurt me. He-"

"Shhh," Skylor said rocking Katrina back and forth.

"I'll give him respect for that," Kai grumbled.

"It started this morning ," Katrina said still gasping for breath. "He was getting restless and I suggested we go out for some air. He said he couldn't because he might hurt someone. I tried to argue with him and he turned around sharply and accidentally knocked me over. I hit my face on the table. He looked horrified and sent me away. He is hurting so much!"

"So he didn't hit you?" Kai asked protectively.

"No," she said shaking her head. "Though he said he was worried he would one day. He said he loves me too much to let that happen."

"Well, I'll give him credit for that too," Kai said carefully. "So it's obvious he still has some of the old Xavier in him."

"I don't understand," Garmadon said from behind the group. "I never became this dark!"

"It is true," Wu affirmed. "He never did."

"And he never would've hurt his loved ones," Misako added.

"Then what is different about Xavier?" Lloyd asked.

"Magic," Amaya said simply.

"Stephanie!" Zane yelled. "Could you come down here for a second?"

"What up, Daddyo?" She said jumping down the stairs. He cringed as she hit the floor with a reverberating bang.

"Ow," she said rubbing her butt.

"How are you nothing like me?" Zane asked facepalming.

"You may be my Daddyo, but that doesn't mean I'm like you in personality," Stephanie giggled.

She looked over and saw Katrina. She gasped and ran to her.

"Katrina!" She yelled throwing her arms around her. "You're home!"

"Stephanie, is there a possibility that the magic used by Sephtis increased the amount of darkness in Xavier?" Zane asked.

"Yes, a magnifying spell," she nodded. "It increases an infirmity or in this case a darkness by a certain amount depending on the spell."

"Guys, we need to figure out a way to counteract this," Aira said worriedly.

"Katrina, you need to tell us where he is," Wu said.

"No," she said closing her eyes and biting her lip.

"We need to help him!" Cole shouted. "So we need to know where he is!"

"I won't," Katrina said clenching her fists.

"Katrina, you aren't betraying his trust," Skylor said softly. "We can help him."

"We could us magic right?" Lloyd asked hopefully.

"No," Garmadon said sadly. "I tried that."

"But-" Zane looked at his daughter for an answer.

"Magic can do a lot," she said shaking her head. "But not that. This is something beyond my power."

"But it's within mine," Lloyd said.

"Lloyd, you can't!" Katrina yelled.

"My power cleansed my father of the darkness," Lloyd said. "I don't think there is any other way."

"But that was your golden power!" Jay said. "You don't have that anymore!"

"I at least have to try!" He said sadly.

"I won't tell you where he is!" Katrina yelled.

"Katrina, your not telling us will hurt him more," Kai said.

"I shouldn't have come back here!" She yelled.

Kai and Skylor gasped. Skylor rarely cried but she began to. Katrina looked hurt at her mother's reaction.

"We are trying to help!" Lloyd yelled. "You think I want to hurt my son! You think I wanted any of this to happen!"

"Lloyd, calm down," Misako said placing a hand on his shoulder. He shrugged her off.

"I know! But I promised!" Katrina cried.

"That wasn't a wise promise," Lloyd said much calmer now. "It's not your fault that he couldn't fight this, Katrina. Stop blaming yourself."

"I will if you stop blaming yourself, Uncle Lloyd," Katrina said softly. Lloyd sighed. "But I still can't tell you. And you can't force me to tell you. I'm going to leave again."

"Don't leave!" Skylor cried. "Please!"

"Bye. I love you all," Katrina bolted out the door. Kai followed her closely.

"Katrina!" Kai practically screamed.

She ran into the woods and he followed. In his haste he failed to notice the tree root sticking up from the ground. He tripped and hit his head on a nearby rock. Everything went black.

A/n- Katrina is rather stubborn. Don't you think? Comment and tell me what you thought! By the way, the bonus scenes have begun and are posted! Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17