Chapter Twelve

"Why did you call us all in here, Mom?" Haden asked.

"As you all know, your dad has been having a really hard time lately with the whole Xavier thing," Aira explained.

"Ya we can tell," Jason said sadly. Jacqueline nodded in agreement. "He has been really absent minded lately. He still does stuff with us but we can tell he is really upset."

"Well, I'm trying to plan something to get his mind off of it," Aira said thinking.

"Father's Day is in a week," Julia offered. "And his birthday is in three weeks."

"I think Father's days would be more special," Aira said.

"We should plan something big!" Julia giggled.

"Or we could just do something quiet and relaxing," Jacqueline said quietly.

"Video games!" James shouted.

"Guys, how about something Dad likes," Haden said rolling his eyes.

"He likes video games!" James said incredulously.

"I got the other kids on this too," Aira said. "We are going to do a Father's Day party for all the dads."

"Good idea!" Julia said. "How are we gonna keep chatter mouth, Jason, quiet?"

"Oh my gosh he is so much like Jay," Aira laughed. "You should've seen Jay around that age."

"Mom, stop reminiscing and focus," Julia laughed.

"Okay, here is the plan."

********************************

"Well, that mission was a dud," Jay complained.

"Stop whining," Kai said irritably.

"It's not my fault I didn't get to be with my kids on Fathers Day morning," Jay grumbled.

"Why didn't any of the women come again?" Zane asked.

"Something about taking care of the kids," Cole said. "It's not like we need them right? We used to do this all the time."

"We were also younger then," Lloyd said.

"But I don't feel any older," Cole shrugged. "Maybe we are aging gracefully."

"Or we are so awesome that we don't feel old!" Kai said flexing his arms.

"How shocking that we don't," Jay snorted. Everyone groaned.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure we age slower than normal people," Lloyd said rolling his eyes.

"Wow really?" Kai asked.

"My dad is a hundred and ten," Lloyd said. "He looks and feels like he is fifty-five."

"Dude," Jay said. "That's awesome!"

"Hey, where is everyone?" Zane asked pointing to the house.

The windows were dark and there was no sound. The five instantly became alarmed. They unpowered their dragons and unsheathed their weapons. Kai and Zane stood on either side of the door and Lloyd entered cautiously. Cole and Jay followed.

"We were going to surprise you but that might be dangerous," Julia giggled.

"Julia? Why are the-"

"Happy Father's Day!" Everyone shouted and they lights flipped on showing party decorations everywhere.

All of the father's mouths dropped. Then they laughed and smiled.

"Gosh, you scared us!" Cole laughed.