Chapter Twenty-one

"Tyson has located the position of Sephtis and the others," Ronin announced one night at dinner.

There was a moment of silence and then talking and shouting exploded everywhere.

"Quiet!" Lloyd's voice boomed above the other's shouting.

"Since when has Lloyd become the voice of reason in this family?!" Jay shouted in a panic. "We are all gonna die!"

"Dad, calm thyself," Jason snickered.

"It is called the art of drama in tense situations, Jason," Jay said in his lecturing voice. "It works quite well to break the tension."

"Maybe for you," Cole said smacking Jay in the back of the head. "It just intensifies it for the rest of us."

Jay, Jason, and Cole all received wacks on the head from Sensei Wu and Sensei Garmadon. They groaned and rubbed their now sore noggins.

"What is it with Sensei and staffs," Cole groaned. Lloyd picked up his bamboo stick and smacked him on the head.

"It's actually a lot of fun," Lloyd smirked. "Now, Ronin, where are they?"

"They are at the whatcha-ma-call-it crags," Ronin said.

"The Vampire Crags," Tyson corrected rolling his eyes.

"Well, well, wasn't someone original," Ronin said sarcastically.

"Don't look at me. I didn't name them," Tyson said just as sarcastically.

"Ronin, your son is too much like you," Jay said.

"You're one to talk," Cole rolled his eyes.

"Should we go now?" Aira asked hopefully.

"I believe not," Wu said. "Julia needs to harness her golden power. Also provision needs to be made for the younger children."

"What?! Can't we fight?!" Noah asked incredulously.

"No you can't!" Cole said firmly. "You are eleven. We aren't sending you into battle."

"But I could pummel and adult! I'm a good fighter!" Noah argued.

"That has nothing to do with it," Amaya said. "Sephtis will not hesitate to kill you! I'm not sending young children after him!"

"But, Mom!"

"Don't talk back to your mother," Cole said sternly.

"Carrier is right, Noah," Tyson said. Tyson had always called Amaya carrier since she carried him to term but wasn't his mom. "Besides someone has to protect the house."

"Huh?!" Noah asked incredulously. James and Jacqueline gave him funny looks as well as his younger brother because he was usually the troublemaker.

"Okay, what's gotten into you?" Ronin asked Tyson crossing his arms.

"Maybe I've just seen reason?" Tyson chucked nervously.

"You are as big a rascal as I am," Ronin said rolling his eyes. "You have not seen reason."

"Well, he won't have a chance to do anything," Kai said rolling his eyes. "We are leaving Haden and Natalie here to look after them."

"Seriously?! Babysitting duty?!" Haden whined.

"Don't argue with your mother," Lloyd said. Then he bent down on one knee and looked up into Haden's eyes. "I need you to stay here. The younger kids will need someone to protect them. They will especially need you if one of us doesn't come back."

Haden's eyes widened and he began to look worried. He knew the pain of loosing someone even if that person didn't stay gone. He nodded and Natalie did too.

"Well, I guess I better go practice," Julia said and stood. She quickly went outside and Kyle followed.

"Hey, what's wrong," Kyle said catching up to her.

"I'm going to have to fight my brother, the first best friend I had," she said sadly.

"Hey, stay strong! I'm always here for you," Kyle said kissing her softly.

"I said little kisses!" Lloyd yelled from the house.

"Daaaaad!" Julia yelled.

"My foot goes down on this one," Lloyd shouted back and shut the window.

"Oh my soul," Kyle rolled his eyes. Julia giggled and kissed him again.

"I know I'm ready," Julia said. "I'm just worried about the last part of the prophecy. One will save all but loose herself."

"And one will bring the savior back to herself," Kyle added.

"Promise to even if I do or say anything stupid?"

"I promise," Kyle smiled. "We ninja are a loyal bunch. I won't give up on us."

"Oooo I love that song," Julia laughed.

"You just ruined the moment," Kyle sighed.

"It's not my fault that everything is eventually turned into a song," she grinned. "That's more my mom's fault."

"Ya, she does sing a lot," Kyle said. "Actually I've never heard your dad sing."

"I have a few times but that was a long time ago," She replied. "He says he doesn't have a good voice. My mom begs to differ."

"You guys coming inside?" Zane from the window.

"Not you too, Dad!" Kyle face palmed.

"Yes, me too. Come inside," Zane said. "We have a lot to do the next couple of days."

"Alright, we are coming," Kyle called back. Then he turned back to Julia, "You know what our situation is making me think of?"

"My mom and dad's song?" Julia smiled. Julia grabbed Kyle's hand and ran inside. "Mom! Sing your's and Dad's song!"

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

Aira shrugged and hit a few buttons on Cole's stereo. Lloyd smiled and leaned against the doorframe. This had become their song when he was poisoned with Great Devourer Venom.

"You're not alone. Together we stand. I'll be by your side; you know I'll take your hand. When it gets cold and it feels like the end," she sang.

"There's no place to go; no, I won't give in," Lloyd sang softly. Julia looked at him in surprise. "No, I won't give I-in."

Julia was surprised because her dad had a nice baritone voice. Why did he not like to sing then?

"Keep holding o-o-on," they sang in unison. "Sta-ay stro-o-o-ong. Because ya know you'll make it through. You'll make it through."

Julia and Kyle left the room letting her parents finish their song. It was touching and she knew her parents were in torment over the thought of their children fighting. They needed this moment.

********************************

"Stupid door!" Alita yelled and sat down on frustration.

"I told you, it's magic proof," Stephanie said. "Otherwise I would've gotten away."

"Don't give up," Alita said throwing herself against the door.

"One thing that I learned from the ninja surprisingly was to stay strong," Clouse said. "That is why I was never able to beat them."

"Also they are always there for each other," Alita nodded in agreement.

"That's true. We usually all have each other's backs," Stephanie smiled at the thought of her family. "Everything was perfect until Xavier went dark."

Alita and Clouse both raised their eyebrows. They hadn't really ever felt that feeling. How would they know? They had let darkness consume them. Suddenly they longed to know that feeling and maybe they still could.

A/n- I love that song :) hope you enjoyed! -LL_17