Chapter Three

"My dad is going to be so mad," Xavier groaned.

"My dad didn't tell me to be back by dinner," Kyle smirked.

"Except dinner was at six and it's like nine!"

"At least you aren't coming home at two in the morning," Kyle laughed.

"Doesn't matter," Xavier groaned. "I was still late."

They landed their dragons and Xavier hurried up to the door. He was about to turn the door handle when the door opened.

"Hehe, Hi, Dad," Xavier said nervously.

Lloyd crossed his arms and tapped his foot. "Do you happen to have the time? I don't seem to have a watch on me."

"I know I'm late," Xavier said. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"Where were you?" Lloyd asked in a strict tone.

"Doomsday Comix. It reopened," Xavier said with a cheesy grin.

"What?! Awesome!" Lloyd shouted and then he caught himself. "I mean, you're still late."

"I know," Xavier said. "Slap me in irons."

"Xavier," Lloyd said in a warning tone.

"Okay okay," Xavier said. "Bad time for sarcasm."

"Look I wouldn't be upset if you had called and asked for a time extension. That's what your cell phone is for," Lloyd said. "Oh wait, you don't have one for three days."

"Dad," Xavier groaned.

Lloyd held out his hand and Xavier gave it to him.

"Maybe this'll help you actually use it," Lloyd said. "I hear you have zillion tests to study for. Better get to it."

"Yes, Dad," Xavier sighed.

Kyle stood awkwardly outside waiting to come inside. He grinned cheesily at Lloyd and hurried upstairs. Lloyd sighed and went into the living room.

"How did you punish him?" Cole asked looking up from his magazine.

"I just took his phone for a few days," Lloyd sighed. "It's his worried mother that he is going to have to deal with. I know he can handle himself but he still has to obey me."

"Yes, he did need to be reminded of that," Kai said from his video game. "Ha! I got you Luke!"

"Ugh, that's the third time!"

"Your old dad is a pro," Kai cackled.

"Old!?" Wu huffed. "You're only forty!"

"That's old!" Kai groaned. "But I suppose it's better than Cole. He is forty-one."

"Not technically," Cole corrected. "I was a ghost for eight years. So I'm technically thirty-three."

"Whatever," Kai harrumphed.

"And I'm thirty-eight," Lloyd groaned.

"Biologically but chronologically you are thirty," Jay grumped.

"Huh?" Luke asked.

"Nothing!" Kai said shushing Jay.

"But-"

"I will give you five bucks if you don't repeat that," Kai said.

"Ten."

"Five."

"Seven."

"Done."

"Kai, stop bribing our son," Skylor scolded.