Chapter Eighteen

"Now three of our children are gone!" Zane yelled. "Why Stephanie? She did not have anything to do with this!"

"Zane, calm down," Cole said.

"Calm down?! You want me to calm down?!"

"Zane, panicking will do us no good," Pixal said putting a hand on his arm.

"But doing nothing will also do no good!"

"We are all worried, Zane," Lloyd said. "But we need to focus on this question; why would Xavier take Katrina and Stephanie?"

"Maybe Stephanie was just there?" Kyle asked.

"No," Wu said shaking his head. "In my meditation today, I saw Xavier conversing with Sephtis. I believe Sephtis has had his sights on Stephanie for a while."

"I swear if he harms her in any way-" Zane shouted.

"He is a Master of Magic but she is a stronger Master of Magic. She was born with magic in her being. She may as well be an elemental-" Wu started and them drifted off. He looked around with sudden realization.

"Oh. My. Gosh." Jay said slowly. "You don't think she is the bearer of a new element?!"

"But no one can learn our elements. Magic can be learned," Kai protested.

"Then why haven't we been able to learn it?" Aira asked.

"She is descended from a Druid," Garmadon said. "But she is also descended from a elemental bearer."

"Is it possible that her elemental and magical heritage combined?" Lloyd asked.

"I think Stephanie was a lot more powerful than we originally thought," Ronin said.

"Daddy!" Tyson screamed. He ran into the room and began to sob into his father's side.

"Tyson? What's wrong?"

"I'm seeing scary things," he said not taking his face from Ronin's side.

"Like what?"

"I saw a dark cloud fighting a golden cloud. They were scary images but I'm not sure why."

"I believe he has inherited his mother's gift," Wu said.

"Tyson," Ronin got on one knee and looked his son in the eyes. "Tell me exactly what you saw."

*********************************

A/n- This next part contains strong implications of rape. No actual detail involved but it is suggestive. If this bothers you; do not continue reading! You have been warned! I'll do the author's note now though. Yes, the scenes are getting a little darker but it's all leading to a bright end. :) -LL_17

Sephtis stared angrily at the defiant girl on front of him. He had been interrogating, torturing, and beating her for almost three days. She would unveil neither secrets nor information. He was irate with her.

"You are making me very angry," he said in a controlled yet angry voice.

"No, I hadn't figured that our earlier," she said sarcastically.

He backhanded her. She remained unphased. As a ninja, you learn to take a lot of pain.

"I have one more tactic to use," he said with a gleam in his eye. "Fun for me but not for you. Talk now."

"Is that supposed to scare me?"

"It should," he said letting his gaze travel up and down her body. Her eyes suddenly grew wide with realization.

"Oh please! You wouldn't dare," she said trying to remain tough.

He stood up and grabbed her by the hair. He had a pair of magic canceling cuffs on her so she couldn't fight him magically or physically. She yelled in pain as he dragged her to the next room. Xavier knew nothing of his questioning her. He might come back to the light if he saw the state she was in.

He pulled her into the nearby room and locked the door behind him. He threw her to the bed and she crawled away from him till her back was against the wall. He crossed his arms and stood in front of her. By now she was shaking in fear.

"Tell me all of the ninja's names and powers," he commanded.

"No!" She said squeezing her eyes shut.

"Wrong answer," he purred. He grabbed her arms and began to strip her down.

~time skip~ -I really didn't want to write a rape scene. -_-

Stephanie curled into a fetal position. She hurt everywhere. All she could do was cry. She was proud of herself, however; she hadn't revealed anything to Sephtis even through the horrible ordeal. She felt dirty and ashamed. Yes, it wasn't her fault but she couldn't help but feel this way. She shivered at the memories. The searing pain in between her legs and the blood.

"Someone please help me," she whispered.

"Stephanie?" Katrina asked coming into the room.

"Go away!" Stephanie said curling up tighter.

"What happened?!" Katrina asked gaping at her bloody clothes.

"I said, GO AWAY!" Stephanie screamed at her. She began to sob but refused to let Katrina near her.

"What did he do to you?" Katrina whispered trying to soothe her.

"The beatings weren't that bad," Stephanie began to rock back and forth. "But I never expected that!"

"What did he do?" Katrina asked apprehensively.

"He took my clothes off," Stephanie sobbed. "He forced me down. He-"

"Stop," Katrina said taking a deep breath. "I swear I'm going to kill him."

"It hurt."

"You poor thing," Katrina said placing Stephanie's head in her lap. "You aren't even seventeen yet!"

"Don't tell Xavier," Stephanie said. "It'll confuse him more about who he is."

"If I tell him he might turn back!"

"No, it'll make him turn darker. He couldn't cope with the truth. That's how dark magics works."

"Okay, I won't," Katrina promised but she silently resolved to kill Sephtis personally.