Chapter Seven

Lloyd gently lifted Jacqueline from the rubble. She was still unconscious. In all the commotion no one had noticed that Xavier and Katrina were gone. Kai was helping push some of the big pieces away from the unconscious girl. Aira was crying and touching Jacqueline's face.

"What happened?!" Wu shouted running in. He gaped at the hole in the ceiling.

"Xavier happened," Kai said in shock.

"Get Zane in here!" Lloyd shouted at Kai.

Zane came running and took Jacqueline from Lloyd. He gently placed her on the floor and scanned her.

"She had a severe concussion and a broken leg," Zane said. "But otherwise she will be fine."

Aira and Lloyd both let out a sigh of relief. Garmadon burst into the room.

"What happened?! Is Jacqueline alright?!"

"She will be okay, Dad," Lloyd said thankfully. "And as to what happened, Xavier is getting worse."

"Where is he?" Garmadon asked worriedly.

Lloyd turned around and realized he wasn't there. He became alarmed and shouted for him. There was no answer.

"Katrina?" Skylor asked frantically. "They're gone!"

********************************

*Eight hours later*

"We are safe here," Xavier told Katrina.

They were in the old part of town. It had a reputation for drugs, prostitutes, and alcohol. They detested that kind of stuff but it was also the cheapest place to get a hotel. Even though it was also probably the dirtiest hotel.

"This place is disgusting," Xavier groaned.

"We won't have to stay here long," Katrina shrugged.

"You can have the bed," Xavier said. "I'll take the floor.

"What is on the floor?" Katrina asked in a grossed out tone.

"On second though," Xavier grimaced. "I'll sleep with you."

"Good idea," Katrina said. "I wonder if our parents have been looking for us."

"I'm sure they have," Xavier said. "But I can't go back."

"Why?"

"I'm beginning to feel angry with them all the time," Xavier explained. "I'm worried I'll just hurt more people. I'm even more worried that I'll hurt them and not care."

Katrina looked at him sadly and nodded. She couldn't help but wonder what she was getting herself into.

"You don't have to stay," Xavier began.

"No, if your going dark then there is no telling what you may end up doing," she said truthfully. "I need to be here to help you."

"Thanks, Katrina."

*********************************

"Did you find them?!" Julia asked her father as he entered.

"No," Lloyd said wearily. Kai came in behind him and sunk down in a nearby chair.

"It's the darkness isn't it?"

"How did you-"

"Kyle told me," Julia explained. "He was old enough to remember what happened."

"And he didn't say anything before now?" Zane asked. "I am surprised."

"It's not that he didn't think he shouldn't say anything," Julia said. "I think he just didn't really think about it till recently."

"Makes sense," Jay said.

"I love Xavier like family," Kai began. "But if he really is going dark and Katrina is with him-"

"He wouldn't do anything like that! He would never take advantage of Katrina!" Aira gasped.

"I'm not saying that specifically but it is possible," Kai said. "I'm also worried about how Katrina will act. She is hotheaded like me. She doesn't always think before she acts."

"We will keep looking for them," Cole said.

"I called my father and told him to be in the lookout as well," Aira said. "Xavier has always been close to my father. Xavier may go to him."

"We had better keep this under the table," Zane said. "It might be a good idea to withdraw the children from their schools. We can finish their education at home."

"But it's our senior year," Kyle argued. "And I worked very hard to be valedictorian."

"I know you did, Son," Zane said putting a hand on Kyle's shoulder. "But this is a serious matter."

"I know," Kyle sighed. "It's just, I won't be any help."

"What do you mean?" Zane asked.

"I don't have an elemental power," Kyle shrugged.

"That does not matter," Zane said. "Powers are assets it is true, but the true power comes from within you."

"Hey! That rhymed," Jason laughed.

"Bad timing, Jason," Stephanie said
smacking his arm.

"Sorry," Jason coughed.

"We were unable to use our powers for a long time," Zane continued. "We did not get our powers back until Lloyd became the Ultimate Spinjitzu master."

"If only I still had my golden power!" Lloyd shouted. "I could've used it to fix Xavier! Heck I could've save so many lives with it!"

"Lloyd, you can't think like that," Aira said taking his hand.

"I'm a failure!" Lloyd said shrugging her off. "I'm not the father I was supposed to be! I could've done more!"

"Daddy," Julia said with tears in her eyes. "You are the best father anyone could ask for! Don't blame Xavier's darkness on yourself. You have done your best!"

Lloyd shook his head and left the room. Julia began to cry and Aira cradled her daughters head against her chest. This was hard for all of them.

********************************

A lone figure walked deftly across the open field. He stopped and listened. He was tracking someone. The green ninja's boy. He was growing darker by the day.

He had another of the ninja's children with him. The fire ninja's girl. The hothead. She had a temper to match her fiery power.

The dark figure had anticipated him turning more but the boy was still clinging to the light. He wouldn't begin to try to turn more ninja until he was completely detached. Then he would come find him. He would find the dark Druid. He would search for Sephtis.

A/n- So heads up for y'all. I have a school camp Monday morning through Wednesday afternoon. There are no electronics allowed so I won't be able to update. I'm an exception because I have to do my college courses while there but I won't have time to write. Besides I'm not one to push the rules so you won't be seeing an update till Wednesday. Sorry about that :/ I'll try and put one out Monday morning before I leave and I'll try and update two tomorrow. Anyway, I hope your enjoying this book. Please comment and tell me what you think. I want to know so I can plan accordingly. Thx! -LL_17