Chapter Eight

Connor sneaked downstairs and into the living room. (A/n- Sneaked is correct English. I'm an English Major I should know xD.) He had been eavesdropping on the parents and older kids but he couldn't hear them anymore. He poked his head around to corner and saw his parents, Lloyd, Aira, Skylor, Kai, Jay, Nya, Zane, Pixal, and the all older kids -except Xavier and Katrina- were all talking.

"We need to find a way to find them," Nya was saying. "I think we need to call Ronin home from his business trip early."

"Tyson will be happy about that," Lloyd nodded. "His father is rarely gone so he is really missing him."

"Ronin is the best tracker we know," Aira said.

Suddenly an alarm sounded from above. He saw everyone rush past him but Cole noticed his son's presence.

"Son, were you eavesdropping?"

"I'll deal with it," Amaya said placing a hand on Cole's arm. "You have a job to do."

"Parenting is my first job," Cole countered but followed his fellow ninja anyway.

"Where is the trouble?" Aira asked pulling on her GI. They hadn't gotten a call in a long time.

"Can we come?" The older children begged.

"Yes, but you need to stay close," Lloyd nodded after a moments thought.

"Woohoo!" Jason yelled. He and the others spun into Spinjitzu and emerged in their GIs.

Julia had a light green GI. It looked like her Dad's but with white trim. Jason had a aqua colored GI for his water power with dark blue trim. Kyle followed in his father's footsteps even though he had no power. His was pure white. Stephanie didn't have a ninja GI. She chose a close fitting body suit instead. It was black with a some purple trim here and there. Zane didn't really like his daughters outfit because he said it was too revealing. So she made him happy by having a longer tunic. It looked like a mini dress with leggings. Katrina would've had a red GI like her dad. And Xavier would have had a black and green one.

"Gosh, I feel so old," Jay said groaning. "My kid is old enough to officially be a ninja."

"You are old, Dad," Jason teased.

"Thanks a lot, Garden-hose," Jay grumbled.

"The Ping came from the trashy part of New Ninjago City. The part that was never repaired from the Overlord's destruction," Nya said. "It's coming from on of the hotels."

********************************

Katrina grabbed the nearby brush and began to comb through her flaming red hair. She had just finished when Xavier came up behind her. She gasped and dropped the brush. She whirled around and looked into his eyes. He gave her a confused look and then looked in the mirror.

"Xavier, your eyes," Katrina said breathlessly.

"They will stay red now," he said sadly. "The green eyes are gone."

"Maybe we should-"

Xavier cut her off by kissing her. She started to pull back but then shrugged and kissed him back. He shoved her roughly against the wall. Her eyes widened and she pulled back. He blinked his now red eyes at her.

"What?"

"Maybe you should calm down."

"Ya sorry," he shrugged. "Hey, wanna go for a walk."

"Is it safe?"

Xavier nodded and took her hand. They walked out of the motel and began to walk down the street.

"Hey! You look familiar," a big man said. "Aren't you related to the ninja?"

"That's my business," Xavier growled. "Go away and leave us alone."

"I can't do that," the man grinned. "They are looking for you two. They may reward me for your return."

"Don't try anything," Xavier said angrily.

"Pretty girl there," the man smirked. "Would be terrible if something happened to her."

Xavier brought his fist back and punched the man in the jaw. His head snapped back and he growled. The man pulled a gun and began to shoot. Xavier yelled as a shot grazed his arm. He blocked the other shots with a purple energy ball. The man yelped as Katrina kicked the gun from his hand. Xavier came forward, grabbed his head, and snapped it to the side. Katrina screamed as the man fell dead at her feet.

"Why did you kill him?!" She yelled.

"He was trying to kill us," Xavier said darkly.

"You really have gone dark, Brother."

Xavier whirled to see Julia and Kyle standing behind them.

"I'm not coming back!" Xavier yelled.

"If you won't come voluntarily then we will make you come mandatorily," Julia said crouching into a fighting stance. Kyle and Katrina faced each other and crouched as well.

"Kyle is going to fight Katrina?" Xavier laughed. "He doesn't have any powers! He is worthless!"

Julia responded by lunging at her brother. She could see Kyle and Katrina begin to duel as well. She feinted and attack and then spun sharply to the left and kicked his back. He recovered quickly and punched at her, she blocked it. They began to kick and punch but they knew each other too well. Neither of them landed a punch for a good five minutes. Same thing for Katrina and Kyle.

"So what are we going to do? Fight for eternity?" Xavier sneered.

"If that's what it takes!" Julia blocked a punch and did something unexpected. She powered and energy ball and shot it at his exposed chest. He went flying back.

Katrina screamed in anger and sent Kyle flying against a nearby wall. She lunged at Julia. She punched her in the nose and drew blood. Julia had always been stronger then Katrina so she countered easily sending Katrina flying. Katrina got up and lunged again. Julia sent a power burst and she fell. She didn't get up and Julia's heart sank in fear.

"Hey!" Xavier yelled.

He grabbed Julia by the throat. It wasn't very fair that way because Xavier was taller and physically stronger than his twin sister. She began to pound on his arm as he squeezed.

"Xavier, can't breath," she choked.

He didn't let up. His eyes burned crimson and Julia began to see spots in her vision. She wondered if she was going to die by her own brothers hand.

A/n- this is getting scary. Like super scary. Hope you are enjoying! -LL_17