Blue Eyes

I love how the only things that get the squiggly red line under it is " Uchiha, Sasuke, and Hn."

-Natsuba

P.s. whoever can hear the music, I was listening to this while writing this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The graveyard shift has yet again fallen into Naruto's schedule...for the rest of the month.

He sighed, staring off at the flickering light outside. No one ever came at that time to buy anything; not even ghosts would be out.

The bell rang when the glass door swung open.

" Hello. Welcome to Under The Lamp Bookstore." A boy still dressed in his high school uniform walked solemnly in. He didn't look suspicious, but something wasn't right about the kid.

Naruto slid out from the back of the counter and went to shelf the books, using that as a way to get a better look at the kid. He walked around the literature aisle, glancing at the books with a goal in mind. Naruto pushed the cart around to his aisle and placesd a few books up beside him.

" You go to a really prestigious school, don't you? I wouldn't expect you to come to this kind of place."

The black-haired boy looked up from his inspection of a cover, his eyes looked down like an elite. Naruto smiled, pointing to a brown leather couch in the corner.

" We don't accept card here, by the way. But, you can stay here and read if you'd like."

" Hn." The boy took the book to the couch, proving Naruto's prediction true.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A loud yawn escaped his mouth as midnight neared. Another week, another purpose to die. He grabbed the throw off the couch, wrapping himself to keep warm. The smell of old books and wood made him feel fluffy and like a tumblr lifestyle photo.

The bell twinkled, light footsteps lead to the corner.

" You're back. Do you have cash this time?" He shook his head, setting his bag down.

" I came to read."

He smiled and curled up his legs to make room. " Then I'll keep you company."

" Hn."

" What's your name, by the way?"

" Uchiha Sasuke."

" Uzumaki Naruto. Nice to meet you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"....What do you like to read the most?"

Naruto looked up from his book and pondered,"....Well, I like to read and recite poems."

Sasuke raised his eyebrow at his answer," Poems don't have a plot."

Naruto giggled at his reaction, Sasuke looking embarrassed. " The poet tells their plot through the little words they write; a plot of distress, depression, anger, and love. Do you get it now?"

" Hn." Sasuke set his book away, staring intently at him." Make me a poem."

" I refuse." He turned down his request almost immediately. " Since you're the teachee, you should make me a poem. I'll give you three weeks."

" Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Go out with me, Naruto."

"...Huh?" He paused from restocking the shelves. The face he was beginning to grow familiar to looked very determined.

" Go out with me, I'll support you."

He turned away, thinking that Sasuke was playing a joke on him. " If this is how you're asking me, it's very lackluster, Sasuke-kun."

" Bu-"

" Isn't it time for you to go to cram school?"

" Grr."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night went by with the casual read of poems that neither rhymed nor snapped. The lights dimmed to only illuminate the entrance. Days have gone by since Sasuke was in the store, Naruto began to feel bad for saying what he did.

The bells twinkled it's metallic tune. He looked up from his book at the figure at the door, dressed in a suit with a bouquet of lavenders. Somehow,under the lighting, he looked dreamy...he stepped slowly towards him, his shoes silent in the rosy atmosphere.

" I got you lavenders, just thought you'd like it more." His cheeks were bright red as he handed him the flowers.

" You thought right, thanks." He picked up the cellophane wrapped flowers to find a vase of some sort.The owner usually kept a few one hand for decor.

" Wait!" He cried out after him. " I...also finish ed mh poem about you."

Naruto kept his back turned away from him, feeling strangely awkward and fluttery.

" That one over there

Yes,you

The one with the laugh

That dances like bells

The one with blue eyes

That are deeper than the sea

Yes, you

The one I want to be with

The one with blue eyes."

There was a moment of pause after the poem before anyone said anything.

" Will you go out with me?" A flurry of lavender hit hit him in the face, covering his view but he could feel a the feeling of skin against his forehead. Blue eyes stared at him through the petals.

" Then can you wait two more years?"

"...yes."

6 years later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coffee brewed in the pot as the sun flooded in through the glass patio doors. Naruto lied in the light like a sunbathing cat, writing in his notebook. A blunt object fell on top of him, digging its face into his sweater. He bonked on his head lightly, but hard enough to hear a thonk.

" Wake up, or else you'll be late." Sasuke lifted his head up, leaning in to ask for a kiss.

Naruto hesitantly granted him one before his head fell back on the ground. " I made coffee, too."

" Why are you out here so early?" Sasuke sat up to grab his coffee.

" I was thinking about you when you were younger." He looked off at him, now taller and out of school. " You were so cute back then."

" Hn. What are you writing?"

"...Your poem."