Trauma Pt.2

"Hold on, sire. We're getting you help right now. Can you tell us your name?"

"Sire, stay with me. Sir?"

"Sir?

"Sir?"

Sasuke jolted awake at the sensation of a hand on his shoulder. The fluorescent lights blinded him before he was able to focus on the figure before him.

"Sir, it's Secretary Yoshimura."

"Oh..yes, I see that." He was confused but he didn't want to show it. His head was still throbbing but the pain all over was gone.

"I came in to tell you I've finished your schedule for tomorrow. And that Uzumaki-san is waiting downstairs for you."

"Naruto?" Everything flashed back into his mind; him working overtime, having an argument with Naruto, the crash, the accident. It felt too real to be a dream. This could be his chance to fix things.

"I'll be leaving now. Turn off the lights for me. Thank you." He grabbed his jacket off his chair, swinging it onto himself. He grabbed his keys off the desk and slid around his surprised secretary.

"Sir, your laptop!"

'I'll be leaving it here today." He hurried to the elevator, entering it impatiently. He couldn't wait to see him again. He was going to tell him sorry and he would make up for missed time before he runs out of time.

The elevator dinged for the ground floor and Sasuke leaped out. The main lobby was empty with the lights off, he leapt over the security turnstile and pushed the glass door open to the outside

"Naruto? Naruto?" He called out into the dark. Only the distant sound of cars answered back.

Was this also a dream? A sick dream that his own mind made up to numb the trauma? What happened was real? Slowly dying in a pool of his own blood and glass shards, alone witho-

"Sasuke!"

He turned around to see the familiar blonde, feeling relief and joy, before receiving a slap across his face.

"Do you know what today was? I waited for 2 hours, Sasuke. 2 hours! I sat there like an idiot waiting!" He yelled, throwing his coat at him.

Sasuke, on a normal day, would refute. Instead, he grabbed him, squeezing him tight to feel his warmth, to hear his heart beat in his chest. Alive.

"Let go of me! I'm so fucking upset with you. You've done this ever since you took over."

"Yes, I know. Yell at me. Punch me." He buried his face into the nape of his neck, smelling the shampoo he uses. " Just let me hold you...here."

Naruto stopped yelling and trying to pull him off. Sasuke's behavior was odd and worrisome.

"Hey, is everything alright?...Did something happen? If something did, I'm sorry for yelling."

Sasuke sighed, shaking his head. "No. Nothing happened. I just need you right now."

Naruto softly stroked his back, thinking perhaps something happened at work that really upset him. "You'll be ok. There's always another chance to fix a mistake."

Sasuke pulled himself away, holding Naruto an arms length away, looking into his eyes.

"No, there is no other chance. This is my one chance and I'm going to make it right."

"W-what do you mean?"

"I'll resign. Itachi will have to take over. I won't miss dinner, we'll go on trips, we'll grow old. All of that, together."

"What's the matter with you? Saying stuff like that."

"Just say that you won't."

"Won't what?"

Leave me here alone

"Just say it."

"Ok, ok. I won't."