Trauma

(1) Itachi isn't OOC in this story, he just wanted to fuck around and be an adult teenager.

Drive safe. Thank you.

-Natsuba

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Street lamps zoomed by like comets against the blurry black night. Naruto pressed his temple on the chilled glass, his eyes fighting to stay open. The ride home was silent, only the sounds of the wind against the car's curves. He tried to think of other things besides what had happened hours before. That night was meant to be about them, no distractions for that promised meal. But once again, work, for Sasuke, always came before their relationship. After sitting alone with silverware set out for two for hours, refusing to go home until he came.

However, this job isn't his! He took it upon himself to run the company in place of his fully capable brother that he can't help but hate because of it.

Was what he wanted too much to ask? He thought over that question, ignoring the man beside him whose eyes laid set on the empty road ahead. The silence was cut short when the car notifies of a call...from work.

"Don't you dare pick that up, Sasuke." He sent him a warning glare, daring him to try and anger him again. Ignoring his threat, thinking of it as an empty threat, he answered the call.

"Hello?"

" Hey, we need you back in the office to discuss the contract." The man said over the phone.

"....Alright, I'll be there in an hour or so." He ended the call, ready to hear the onslaught of nagging from his lover. But instead, his usually loud boyfriend was unusually quiet.

"SASUKE, MOVE!" Naruto reached for the wheel, Sasuke bracing in surprise. The blinding headlights of an oncoming truck dazed him, his hands jerking the wheel to the right. The car spun wildly in the street, stopping on impact with the railing. They busted through, toppling down the grassy hillside. Sasuke was tossed around, holding his arms to shield his eyes from the glass, his head jerked forward, smashing into the wheel. His eyes last saw the blurry image of blood stained blonde before it was black.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ringing enveloped his senses, his head was in extreme pain. Warm sticky liquid stuck to his eyelid and face. His memory was a big mess of confusion, should he wake up? Maybe, it was best to sleep.

The ringing blared in his ears, distracting him from reaching the point of sleep. The burning feeling in his arm grew, his skin felt like it was being seared off with an iron brand. Maybe resting wasn't a choice.The bright light of the dawn blinded him. His body ached and burned with pain. Sasuke lifted his head off of the wheel, feeling its imprint on his skin.

"Fuck!" He groaned, the memories rushing back to him. They had crashed. Hard. Black dots danced in his vision, threatening to pull him back out of consciousness. He gritted his teeth as he tried to get himself out of his seat. Shards of glass were embedded in his right arm, blood thickened on his arm and jacket. The side door was crushed from the fall, but thankfully the front window was smashed open. He dragged his weight out with his forearms, crawling on top of the car hood. He rolled off into the dry grass with his bad arm taking the impact.

He hissed in pain, getting to his feet. His car was wrecked, the metal was twisted and distorted from the fall, smoke escaping from the compressed hood.

His mind scrambled to piece the memories together, a long dark ride, a phone call...Naruto!

How could he forget? He limped around the back of the mangled vehicle, leaning his weight on the caved metal. He could see the blonde hair from the intact window.

"Naruto, thank god you're ok." His chest felt tight and a rush of cold ran up his spine. The side of his face was smeared with dark blood. He pulled at the handle, trying to pry open the bent door.

"Naruto? Naruto, wake up, dobe. Come on." He banged on the window in hopes that he was still conscious. "Wake up! Don't fucking do this to me. Get up!"

He pulled with all his might, but the door was wedged tight. " Shit!"

The adrenaline caused his physical pain to subside. He swept off the tempered shards from the smoking hood before climbing in and slide back into the front seats.

" Hey...Come on, you have to wake up." Sasuke said, trying to coax him into consciousness. His face look vacant of life, his skin dull and grey. He touched the matted layers of blood on the side of his face, caressing his hand down his cheek.

Fatigue overwhelmed his mind as he leaned his head on Naruto's shoulder. His eyes drooped with sudden heaviness and a burning sensation grew from his arm.

Sasuke closed his eyes...and remembered the good times.

To be continued