{18}

M I X T L I

Those were the last words I heard from him until he let go of my hands. I tried to reach for Zayn;s hands but it was too late. He was already out of the truck. 

"NOOOOO!" I screamed.

"ZAYN!" I cried as I crawled to the exit of the truck. JJ and Andrea pulled me away as a raptor tried to snatch my head off. Harry sat in shock as Naomi shook her head when she woke up. She looked around and saw me crying with my sisters comforting me.
"What happened?" She asked as she placed her hand on her head. "Zayn is gone." I sniffled as I wiped a tear with my hand.

"What!" Naomi said as she stood up quickly, feeling light headed afterwards. "Slow down. You bumped your head pretty hard." Harry chuckled as he sat her down next to me.

"I'm going after him." I said as I grabbed a rod and reloaded my gun. "You are not going out there." JJ said as she pulled my arm.

"I know he's alive." I hissed.

"You'll die out there!" Andrea butted in.
"I made it out of the woods by myself. None of ya'll would have made it out by yourself." I snapped.

Everyone stood quietly and looked at me as I took a deep breath. I closed my eye then opened them as I saw a raptor sprint towards me. I shot the raptor in its legs and face until it fell, causing the other two to trip over it.

I jumped out of the cart  until an arm grabbed onto me. I panicked and looked up, to see Zayn hanging onto the door.

He climbed up to the roof of the truck and helped me up as well.

"You're alive." I gasped and cried a bit. He opened his eyes widely an I ran into his arms, kissing him on the lips. I pulled away quickly and hugged him, as he chuckled and hugged me back. 

"I told you it was gonna be ok." Zayn said as he hugged my tighter, letting me cry on his shoulders. Zayn rubbed my back as we had our little moment. I looked at his perfectly chiseled face and saw a huge scratch on his face. "What happened?" I gasped as I lightly touched his cheek. 

"I grabbed onto the door as the raptor pulled me. It tried to kick the raptor but it clawed me real good. Luckily you shot the raptor and caused it to slow down. You save my life, again." Zayn chuckled and looked at me deeply in the eyes. 

The raptors tried to jump on top of the roof but failed multiple times. I heard a motorbike getting closer and gunshots started firing. "Owen!" I heard the girls and boys cheer from below. We both chuckled and looked down as Owen passed by in the bike, looking through the crackled window. "We need to lead them somewhere." Owen said loudly for Katie to hear. 

The truck went a bit faster, causing me to lose my balance. I almost fell off the truck but Zayn caught me before I did. I gasped as I felt arms grab me and pull me closer. "We need to get down before we fall and actually get killed." I suggested as I moved closer to the edge of the truck. "I'll go first." Zayn said pushing me softly. He grabbed the edge of the truck and flipped, entering the truck. "Zayn your alive!" I heard his brother cheer. I smiled as I pictured the little moment they had. 

"W-where is Mixtli?" Someone asked in a nervous voice. I flipped into the truck and jumped on Zayn's back, giving him a kiss on the cheek. 

"Told you I would survive." I smiled as I looked at the younger teens. Everyone cheered and hugged Zayn and I as the truck started to slow down. We stopped in a brighter area and a door was slammed shut. I hear a clicking sound getting closer to the back of the truck. The doors were opened even more and Owen and Katie stood there in shock as they saw Zayn and I all sweaty and scratched as Naomi was bandaged up and blood covered a corner of the room.

"What happened here?" Katie gasped as we all hopped off the truck with the help of the adults. 

"You see what had happened was..." I said joking around. Everyone joined for a while until there was a growl coming from behind. 

Vote/Comment 

Please go check out 'Puppet Master' by natural_directioner