~ Twister Fiasco ~

Star City

July 17, 23:16 PDT

At the docks of Star City, goons unload their objective from cargo boxes. Unfortunately, what they don't see coming is Speedy, who aims an arrow next to a group of them, causing them to choke on the smoke, dropping the weapons along the ground. Brick uses his foot to catch the gun into his hand, and points it above him, finding Speedy. 

"You again! I'm startin' to get insulted Green Arrow's not messin' up my operations personally." 

He fires the gun at the ex-sidekick, but Speedy dodges each time. As Brick fires again, Speedy flips, and shoots an arrow toward Brick, clogging up the gun. It blows up in Brick's face, causing me to chuckle. 

His clothes are now in shreds with him growling angrily, "Do you know what I pay for a suit in my size?!" Uh-oh. He turns to his men. "Scorch the earth, boys." 

I jump in between them, waving my finger. 

"Who wants their butt kicked first," I call out, tripping one of the them wearing a red bandana around his mouth and nose. 

"Stand still, girlie!" another goon shouts, but he gets shoved into another thug by a yellow and red blur. 

I smile. Thank you, KF. Two others aim their guns at Kid, but Robin's birdarangs stop that from happening. The Boy Wonder laughs as he swings into the shadows. Aqualad shows up, taking down two other goons. Brick picks up a very large piece of rock, and throws it at Speedy as he runs trying to get a good shot in. He succeeds and ticks Brick off some more, causing another rock to go flying. Luckily, Kaldur shows up in time to cut the rock in half with his water-bearers. 

As a smoke arrow distracts Brick, I say to Speedy excitedly, "Dude, the Cave is absolutely perfect!" 

Aqualad supplies, "It has everything the Team will need." 

Robin lands behind us. "For covert missions, you know, spy stuff." 

Kid flips beside Aqualad and I, putting in, "And wait till you see Superboy and Miss Martian, but I saw her first." 

"No, I recall that I did. Us girls have to stick together."

I roll my eyes and turn back to the guy who acts like my older brother. Brick gets up again, picking up another rock, causing all of us to move once more. 

Speedy shoots three arrows at Brick, but he just laughs, "Tell Arrow he shouldn't send boys to do a man's job." 

Um, I'm pretty sure I'm a girl last time I checked. A goon grabs me from behind, trying his best to choke me, with much success, I might add. Black spots appear in my vision, until a spot yellow. I feel myself falling, but then I'm suddenly caught with strong arms. 

"I gotcha, beautiful." I hear him say.

I open my dark blue eyes to look into his soft green ones, and I can't help myself from smiling. He smiles back, and then it gets kinda awkward. 

"Kid, you can put me down now." I mention. 

He stutters, "Uh, r-right. S-sorry." 

He sets me down, and rubs the back of his head. Kid notices something and runs off with me next to Speedy. 

"High-density polyurethane foam. Nice." 

Ugh, science kids. Speedy turns his back on us, walking away. 

"So, Speedy, you in?" Robin asks. 

Speedy turns his head slightly to face the raven-haired boy. "Pass. I'm done letting Arrow and the League tell me what to do. I don't need a babysitter or a clubhouse to hang out with the other kids. Your junior Justice League is a joke, something to keep you busy and in your place. I don't want any part of it."