Failsafe

Mount Justice

October 16, 16:01 EDT

I stand next to Wally as Batman gets vaporized by the unknown alien beings. Turning my head a little, I spot an incoming transmission before Red Tornado answers it, and Zatara appears on the holo-screen. 

"Tornado, did you-?" 

"Yes, Zatara, we saw. Celestial defenses have failed. Initiate all terrestrial measures," Red interrupts. 

"Affirmative," Zatara says. "See you in the field." 

The transmission ends as Tornado turns to us, and saying he has to join what's left of the League, and that we will protect the planet at all costs. 

"But should we fail, the responsibility falls to you." 

Aqualad looks to all of us before answering, "We stand ready." 

****************

"Tornado to Cave," RT's voice echoes through the halls as we make our way back to the middle of the Cave. "I fear I am all that remains of the League." 

"RT," Robin says before the feed is destroyed, most likely from Tornado being vaporized. 

"We are Earth's heroes now," Aqualad states. 

"So what are we waiting for, a theme song?" Superboy questions. 

Aqualad replies, "A strategy. Earth's weapons are ineffective. And it has been made tragically clear a direct attack will not succeed." He looks to Robin, who brings up a satellite feed from his holo-computer. A holo-map appears in front of them of the world with red dots identifying the alien beings. 

Superboy points to one way up north, asking, "This one get lost?" 

Robin exclaims, "That's Superman's Fortress of Solitude!" 

"Superman has a Fortress of Solitude?" Superboy inquires. 

"Maybe the power source attracted its' attention," I wonder out loud. 

"Must be some fortress," Superboy mutters. 

M'gann and he talk for a bit before Aqualad states, "We will target this lone ship."

Kid gets excited, a little too excited about this plan. "Yeah, break it down, build more, hit those ugly aliens with their own mojo." I smack his arm, harder than I anticipated, earning a loud "Ow!" from the redhead. 

"Martian and Kryptonian in the house," Artemis says, pointing to our two teammates standing with unamused looks on their faces. Kid chuckles uncomfortably as we head to the bio-ship. 

"Not that aliens are automatically ugly," he said, under his breath, making me scoff. 

"You're so full of it, West." 

****************************

Fortress of Solitude

October 16, 18:16 UTC-03

In the arctic we circle around the alien ship, and move into our positions. Miss M disables the communications and propulsions on the ship while Artemis seals whatever's in there inside. 'And ETs are sealed inside,' Artemis states. 

On my way over to the ship, Superboy almost gets blasted by the vaporizer, but Wolf saves him by sacrificing himself. Robin apologizes while Superboy and Miss M put the vaporizer on top of the bio-ship, however, more ships arrive. 

'Miss Martian, open fire!' Aqualad orders. 

'Can't. Weapon systems are offline to incorporate the new cannon, and that's not fully integrated yet, either,' Miss M responds.