~ Alpha Male ~

Mount Justice

September 23, 06:34 EDT

Green Arrow puts a bowl of pretzels down on the table where we sit.

"Thanks, but no thanks," Kid says.

Robin agrees, "Yeah. What we want are answers about Red Tornado and his siblings."

Kid adds, "Exactly!" Green Arrow takes the bowl, but Wally stops him. "Leave the bowl."

When KF starts eating the pretzels, I roll my eyes, thinking, This is my best friend?

Shockingly, Superboy runs to Kaldur, yelling, "You knew?!" He grabs hold of Kaldur as if to choke him

Shockingly, Superboy runs to Kaldur, yelling, "You knew?!" He grabs hold of Kaldur as if to choke him. "That android and his maniac family nearly killed M'gann!"

Miss Martian flies over, asking, "Conner, what are you doing?!"

"Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!" Conner explains.

Robin asks, "You knew?"

Kid questions, "But didn't tell us?" I stand still, keeping quiet from all this. Conner must've overheard Kaldur and Batman talking. Oh crap.

Kaldur tries to explain, "I sought to protect the team from-"

Artemis interrupts, "Protect us from what? Knowledge that might have saved our lives?"

Superboy reminds M'gann, "You almost died!"

I hold both arms out and yell, "Enough! Okay?" 

Everyone looks at me with a look before Batman adds, "With Red Tornado missing, the team will now be overseen by rotating supervisors. Captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift."

The Captain says, "I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys."

Superboy death-glares Kaldur, "After I dismantle Red Tornado, you and I are gonna-"

I interrupt the Kryptonian from further threats by saying darkly, "You're not gonna do anything to Kaldur, Conner. If you do, you're dealing with me." 

He glares down at me as I return the favor. It takes Batman to stop us.

"Enough you two. Red Tornado is a member of the Justice League. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave him to us. I have another assignment for this team."

A holo picture comes up from the Gotham newspaper. Kid reads angrily, "'Gotham Mayor attacked by Guerilla Gorilla'?" Superboy telepathically inquires, "Was this the only thing he could find to distract us?"

Robin exclaims, "Batman, please! Tell me you're not sending us on this joke of a wild ape chase." Batman states darkly, "I never joke about the mission." Robin's head lowers, knowing this was for real. Batman continues, "I've checked the sources. I've studied the patterns. Mayor Hill's encounter is only the latest in a series of incidents." Then to Aqualad, he says, "Aqualad, you and your team will depart for India and check this out."