Official Mission

CARIBBEAN SEA

July 22, 20:08 ECT

The night sky was so pretty outside of the Bio-ship. It was a shame we were on a mission though. I would've liked to camp out and see the stars. They twinkled brightly despite our grim destination, and I tried hard to maintain focus back on the mission. It was hard to avoid picking out the constellations.

Batman had assigned us to check out Santa Prisca, an island nation where an illegal neurosteroid known as 'Venom' was manufactured. If I remembered what Dinah had told me correctly, one of Batman's enemies used the drug for his purposes.

He further explained that despite the factory still in operation, the shipments of Venom have been cut off. This was supposed to be a covert reconnaissance mission, meaning just observing what was happening on the island, and reporting back to Batman. To be honest, I was a little skeptical, I mean, we don't even have a designated Team leader.

"Drop zone 'A' in 30," Miss Martian interrupted my deep thoughts.

I watched Aqualad's seat unwrap itself from his body as he stood. The chair dissolved back into the ship while he lightly pressed the Aquaman logo on his belt. Due to our new Team, we received upgrades to our tech and our suits, which meant, we got stealth suits! The red disappeared from his suit, quickly replaced with a dark grey.

"Ready," he told Miss M.

"Putting Bio-ship in camouflage mode."

Aqualad nodded in acknowledgment while Miss Martian steered the red Martian ship closer to the ocean below. Once we approached the drop zone, the Bio-ship created a hole in the center. Aqualad stepped forward and dropped down into the deep waters below. I counted the seconds until his voice assured us over the comm-channel.

"Heat and motion sensors are patched. Data is now on a continuous loop, move in."

How many different times could someone quote Star Wars when we were on a mission before it became redundant?

Beside me, Robin looked directly into my eyes, as if he had been reading my thoughts, and muttered, "Please, no movie references."

"Drop zone 'B'," announced Miss Martian.

We stood simultaneously as the ship came to a stop, hovering above our destination. While our chairs disappeared, safety lines extended from the ceiling. I was still grappling with the fact that I'm friends with a Martian as I attached the cord to my belt, Kid Flash and Robin following my lead.

KF activated his new stealth suit by touching the lightning bolt that caused his bright-colored suit to switch into a dark grey with black pants. Glancing behind him, the redhead asked Miss M excitedly, "How cool is this?"

"Very impressive," she replied with a smile before shapeshifting to a more covert clothing choice.

Kid gawked at her, stammering, "Uh, that works, too." He, then, turned to the clone. "Hey, Supey, not too late to put on the new stealth tech."

Crossing his arms, Superboy stated earnestly, "No capes, no tights, no offense."

"It totally works for you," Miss Martian thought aloud before realizing. I smiled as she held up her hands, blushing furiously. "In that, you can totally do good work in those clothes." To finish, she offered him a meek thumbs-up.