All Too Easy

Washington, D.C.

December 30, 09:16 EST

Third POV

"The Justice League was formed for two reasons-" Superman speaks to the public in front of the Hall of Justice, "First, as an acknowledgment that no single individual, no matter how powerful, can solve all the world's problems alone. And second, to uphold the values of truth, liberty, and justice. The last one's even in the name."

Listening to the audience laugh at Superman's joke, the Team anxiously waits as Superman announces the new heroes. 

The redhead speedster states with a small clap, "I'm glad they didn't kick Billy out. And I love the fact that there's a ten-year-old on the League."

"There is?" asked the newest member of the Team, Raquel, aka Rocket. 

Scoffing in annoyance, Ember elbows her boyfriend at the same time as the Boy Wonder.

"Ow!" Wally exclaims, rubbing at his arms.

Kaldur gives Wally a pointed look as Robin mutters, "Way to keep a secret, genius."

"Yeah, Wally, I think you forgot it's a secret identity," Kyle adds with his arms crossed, shooting a flirting wink towards Raquel.

Wally defends himself quickly, "Hey, she's on the team now, right?"

On the television above them, the reporter, Cat Grant states, "Superman is now handing out official League membership cards, starting with Doctor Fate," Robin places a comforting hand on Zatanna's shoulder at this, "The Atom, Plastic Man, and Icon."

Raquel complains, "You know, I was the one who convinced Icon to become a hero in the first place. I should be outside celebrating with him, not hidden away in here."

Kaldur turns to her, arms folded as he sighed, "Welcome to our world."

Raquel takes a look at Kyle before answering, "Well, I suppose there's an upside, too."

Before she can say more, Wally cheers as Green Arrow awards Red Arrow with a membership card, "Way to go, Roy!" 

"At last he has his wish," Kaldur smiles. 

Robin admits, "The first of us to make it. No one will call him a sidekick anymore."

"Wait," Raquel tilts her head in confusion, pointing at them, "Since when is being a sidekick a bad thing? You sidekicks were my inspiration."

Robin is cut short by his explanation of what happened by the beeping of his watch. He looks over at Kaldur, Ember, and Wally, a silent nod sent their direction. Immediately knowing what that entailed, Kaldur announced, "Time to go."