Chosen Family

Mount Justice

December 31, 07:16 EST

"We have reason to feel proud of yesterday's victories, but one thing has not changed," Kaldur states as we walk down the hallway.

"Somehow the bad guys are still getting inside intel about us," Robin adds.

"Yeah," Kid assures. "But at least we know none of us is the mole."

Batman enters the conversation, "That's correct. The mole was Red Arrow."

He pulls up a hologram of Red Arrow.

"Roy?" Robin and I ask together.

"No way!" Kid exclaims.

"Batman, that cannot be," Kaldur replies.

I add in, "We've all known him for years."

Red Tornado cuts in, "Unfortunately, the Roy Harper we have known for the last three years is another Project Cadmus clone."

"We've learned the real Speedy was abducted and replaced immediately after becoming Green Arrow's sidekick," Batman resumed. "The clone was pre-programmed with a drive to join the Justice League, which is why he was so angry over any delays to his admission and why he refused to join the Team.

"This Roy Harper had no idea he was a clone or a traitor. And his subconscious programming drove him to become League worthy. So he struck out on his own as Red Arrow. When he was finally admitted, his secondary programming kicked in. And he attempted to betray the League to Vandal Savage. Fortunately, I had already deduced Red Arrow as a clone. We were prepared."

RT puts in, "Savage was subdued, but Red Arrow escaped. He is now a fugitive, armed and dangerous."

Superboy rubs his head muttering, "If you guys hadn't rescued me from Cadmus."

I ask, "Well, what-what happened to the real Roy?"

"We don't know. He isn't at Cadmus. We have to face the possibility that the real Roy Harper is dead."

Zatanna places a comforting hand on Robin's shoulder, while I lean into Wally's comforting hug, my arms wrapping around his waist as he strokes my hair. Artemis seemed hesitant to comfort Kaldur and instead kept to herself.

Kaldur states, "The clone Roy, the Team will find him."

"Negative," Batman disagrees. "Red Arrow's a member of the Justice League now. Leave him to us." His hand reaches his ear. "I'm needed on the Watchtower. Tornado, stay with the kids."

After he leaves, Zee gently places a hand to her head as if a migraine was forming.

'Clone or no clone, Red Arrow was one of us. We will go after him.' Kaldur says.

Behind Kaldur, RT shuts down, holding something in his hand.

'Tornado!' M'gann exclaims.

'What happened to him?' Superboy and Kyle question.

'He's totally powered down.' Kid explains.

Robin opens his wristwatch hologram. 'All functions offline.'

'Guys,' Zatanna interrupts. 'I'm sensing a low-level mystic force at play. I don't know if it caused his shutdown, but now that I think about it, I was getting the same buzz off Batman.'