Another One?

Los Angeles, California

September 25, 9:04 PDT

I have no idea what I'm doing here. Hal Jordan and Batman sent me to here to California to recruit someone. Of course, they didn't give me any more information except for a name on a slip of paper: Kyle Rayner. So I'm left wander aimlessly around Los Angeles...what were they thinking? I hope they have a plan if this fails. What am I talking about? It's Batman. Of course there's bound to be a backup plan. 

I walk out of the teleporter (AKA another worn down phone booth), and out into the open street. Fortunately, the crowd of joggers helps me avoid suspicion from coming out of an empty alleyway, and I begin making my way to Orchard Street where Batman said I would most likely find this kid. 

My phone starts vibrating inside my jacket pocket, so I grab it and answer obnoxiously, "Hola this is Wendy!" I hear someone scoff on the other line as I close in on the street sign labeled "Orchard St

My phone starts vibrating inside my jacket pocket, so I grab it and answer obnoxiously, "Hola this is Wendy!" I hear someone scoff on the other line as I close in on the street sign labeled "Orchard St. 200". 

"What's up, Wendy?" the familiar voice of Wally West asks.

Looking right, then left, and right again, I reply with, "The sky," before walking across to the purple colored building. 

"Right, duh. So..." he trailed off, causing me to mentally question what his intentions of calling me are. 

"So...?" I inquire while looking along the block before my eyes settle on a tall black-haired guy painting on the steps of the blue apartment building to my right. The canvas is white, but he begins painting the Milky Way and adding colors. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies with me

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies with me...and Dick!" he said speedily. 

I pause halfway to my destination as the boy turns to face in my general direction. Wanna know why? Because he's freakin' gorgeous, that's why! His eyes are a mesmerizing emerald green, and his black hair is spiked to the point of perfection. My mouth hangs open, and pretty sure I drooled on the sidewalk...all unintentionally of course. 

"-mm?! Ember!" Wally cuts through my daydream. 

With widened eyes, I realize he's still on the phone. "Yeah? Sorry. Uh...can I get back to you on that?"