Humanity

Mount Justice

October 10, 16:58 EDT

One should practice in order to be prepared for what happens next in combat, at least that's what Canary taught me. And I totally agree with her on that, however there's one thing I don't like while practicing with my teammates, and that is..the competition. Now I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world, but when you're pitted against someone who may or may not know all your moves, well, you can be royally screwed. Who thought it was a good idea to put me against the fearless Boy Wonder? Good question, and my answer is my aunt.

"What's wrong, E? Afraid I'm gonna kick your butt again?" Robin taunts from across me. Getting into my defensive stance, I roll my eyes and say back, "Shut up and fight, boy wonder." With his usual smirk, he comes at me head on. I block every punch, until he makes a mean left hook that hits my shoulder. I waver a bit before regaining my balance and continuing the fight. This honestly doesn't seem fair to me. Why? Maybe because, Kid Slacker decided to be in his cast for another week after the fight with the Injustice League, but I know the truth.

His arm healed a couple days ago, Wally's been laying back and relaxing with Captain Marvel getting him food when he asks for it. I shake out of my daze and dodge Robin's punch before I punch him in return, causing him to land on the floor. He groans as I go in again. Black Canary walks in the middle of the session as I throw another punch at Rob, however, he catches it, but not before I swing my legs under his, so he falls down again. "Good work, everyone," Canary praises. "In fact, it's been a very productive week."

Artemis scoffs, and points to Wally, "Yeah, for everyone except Kid Malingerer."

"Hey!" KF starts, waving his arm around. "Arm broken in combat against the Injustice League here."

Kyle jabs a thumb at KF asking me, "Isn't he supposed to have super healing?"

Wally glares at me, begging me not to say anything. I shrug at Kyle, while Wally sighs in relief.

Canary chuckles, shaking her head at the redhead, "I've really enjoyed being your, uh, den mother this week."

The computer announces, "Recognized: Zatara, 11." Once the magician enters, he accesses a number for someone else to enter the Cave.

"Access granted. Zatanna Zatara, A03. Authorization: Zatara 11."

The raven-haired girl appears from the teleporters, someone that I recognize.

Opening my arms up to the young girl, I shout, "Zee!" A smile breaks her timid state as she hugs me back, exclaiming. "Em!" I can feel everyone's stares on my back, but I don't care. Zatanna is like my other little sister who I care a lot for.

Zatara introduces Zee to the team quickly.

Megan says, "Hi! I'm-"

Robin cuts in, "Robin! Ahem. I mean, I'm Robin."

I roll my eyes at the thirteen year old.

Robin continues while pointing at everyone, "She's M'gann, and that's Wally, Artemis, Kyle, Kaldur, Conner, and you already know Ember I take it."

Kaldur says, "Welcome to the cave."

Zee automatically reverts back to her quiet and timid state before answering, "Uh, thanks."

Robin asks nervously, "So, uh, are you joining the team?"

Zatara says, "Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is strictly a visit. But I am sorry we missed the training. It's something from which Zatanna could benefit."