~ Schooled ~

Star City

August 3, 10:09 PDT

"Ember. Ember, wake up, sweetie." Mom softly calls, rubbing my shoulders. "You've got a guest." "Who?" I mumble, not wanting to get out of my wonderful bed. "A certain redhead, maybe?" My eyes widen as I realize what day it is. I jolt out of bed, heading into my bathroom to get ready. I hear mom, chuckling to herself. She knows I don't like to keep company waiting on me, especially my best friends. After my shower, I dry off and change into civilian clothing for the day.

Walking into my closet, I find a cute pair of boots, and my duffel bag for later. I grab both sets of items, and head downstairs to find Wally chowing down on mom's homemade cinnamon pancakes. "Slow down, Wally! You're gonna choke!" I exclaim to the redhead, who turns to me with a dorky grin. "Hey, Em." he greets with his mouth full. I grin back, setting my duffel down in the seat next to mine, grabbing a plate and two pancakes.

"So, you two, what are you planning for today?" Mom asks, secretly prying into my personal life as usual. I resist the urge to roll my eyes, and reply, "We're gonna go shopping..." "Catch a movie, maybe..." Wally puts in. "Maybe check out the school..." At this, mom stares at me, surprised, while Wally gives me a death glare. "Kidding. Geez, people. Do I look like I'm being serious?" I ask. Wally continues eating while nodding his head, which earns him a glare from me.

Mom shrugs, then answers, "Well, I do know your Aunt Dinah called today, saying she wants the Team at the Cave at around 12:30." Wally and I look to one another, asking, "Training?" We watch as mom nods her head in response. After we finish eating, my younger siblings hop their way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Wally and I wash our own dishes. "Wally!" my sister, Dakota squeals delightedly. Wally dries his hands, picks up the eight-year-old brunette, and spins her around.

She squeals some more, then he sets her back down. My twelve-year-old brother, Toby holds up his hand to high five Wally, which Wally gladly obliges. I finish cleaning my dish, head over to the seat where my duffel is, and kiss my mother's cheek. "We'll be back after training." I state, grabbing Wally's hand to drag him away from my siblings' clutches. "Be back before 11 or call me if you happen to stay at a friend's or the Cave," mom reminds.

I give her a salute and a wink as Wally and I shut the door behind us. We both sigh, and head to the nearest Zeta-Tube entrance. We find the telephone booth/Zeta-Tube down an abandoned alley. Wally signals for me to go in saying, "Ladies first." Smiling, I head inside as the computer announces, "Recognized: Electra, B-0-4." I state into the hidden mic, "Central City." "Access Granted," the female voice complies. Soon enough, I'm transported to yet another dark alley in a phone booth.

Central City

August 3, 10:30 CDT

Seriously, who came up with the whole telephone booth in the dark alley of doom? It literally screams cliché. Wally enters behind me, and we walk out onto the street of Central City, where the sun shines really bright. We stop off at the park first and watch as the little kids play on the playground, and some elderly people throwing birds crumbs of bread. "So whatcha wanna do first, princess?" Wally asks in a flirtatious manner. 

Rolling my eyes, I find myself looking at a store called Penny's which happens to have the cutest boots, so I point behind him. "Let's start there." He shrugs and follows me into the small store, where I notice the woman behind the desk looking oh so thrilled (not). Wally accompanies me to the shoe section of the small shop, where I find the boots that were out on the display case outside the store. I squeal in delight as I try them on. 

Wally helps take my shoes off, and slips the small ankle boots on. "A perfect fit for a perfect girl," he winks, nonchalantly. I blush several shades before he helps me up to walk in them. They are indeed perfect, so I go to the cashier and pay for them, and as soon as Wally and I are outside...the light grey ankle boots are on my feet once more.