Boredom Has Its Moments

Star City

December 4, 15:30 PST 

Why is it when I'm trying to finish an essay, something comes up? Halfway through my thesis statement, I'm called by my mom to finish chores. Two sentences into my second paragraph, my sister asks me for help braiding her Barbie dolls' hair. More than halfway done with my paper, Tobias disturbs me by shooting his nerf gun at the back of my head. Finally, almost done with the last paragraph before-

"I'm gonna fight 'em off,

A seven-nation army couldn't hold me back.

They're gonna rip it off, 

Taking their right behind my back-" 

I answer my phone with the song I use for unknown callers. "Hello?" 

"Hello princess," the familiar, chilling voice speaks from the other end. 

As if on cue, goosebumps appear, but I steady my breathing, and respond harshly, "What do you want?" 

"Just wanted to say hello to my girl." 

"I'm not your girl, and I never will be," I argue, getting slightly impatient by the nerve of this guy. 

"I assure you the DNA tests say otherwise, princess. Now, I have a proposal for you. I'm having a little get-together with some buddies of mine, and I'd like it if you'd join me."

Continuing to be calm, I answer with, "What makes you think I would willingly go with you?"

"You see, I wish you didn't ask me that, princess, because your mom looks rather happy sitting with your step-father in the living room. And your sister and brother are just having a grand time watching TV together."

I hold back a gasp so as not to give him the satisfaction that he's won this round. However, I continue to stay silent for a couple more minutes. 

"So what'll it-" 

"Date," I interrupt quickly. I can practically hear him smiling smugly. 

"I knew you wouldn't disappoint me, princess. December 30th, Santa Prisca. Oh, and if anyone hears about our conversation, well, you can imagine what'll-" 

That's when I decide to shut him up by ending the call. What a jackass.

Mount Justice

December 5, 16:55 EST

I enter the Cave via Zeta-Tube and automatically make my way to the training area. I'm so not expecting Roy to be here though. 

"Roy?" I question making the redhead turn to me. 

I notice Wally and Kaldur walking into the room as I hug my older brother figure. 

"What are you doing here?" I smile happily. 

"He's joining the Team," the Emerald Archer states, walking up to our small group. 

"That's awesome!" Wally exclaims, slipping an arm around my waist. 

Several minutes later, Zatanna, Red Tornado, M'gann, and Conner join our little group and then the Zeta-Tube opens once more, this time Artemis walks through.