Revelation

Mount Justice

October 1, 18:13 EDT

"No, I will not allow you to like sappy chick flick movies, E. I think I need to corrupt you with more sci-fi and mystery movies," Wally states as we walk down the hall of the Cave together, heading in the direction of the training center. Shaking my head, I answer in a snappy tone, "Okay, first off, don't hate on the chick flicks, and two, I've been corrupted enough by you." He turns his head to look at me, then smiles evilly. "Nah!" he says as he pinches in my side, instantly causing me to back away far away from him as I can. "Wally!" I shriek as he shrugs innocently with a cocky smile. 

I back up once more as he inches towards me. "Oof!" I let out a grunt as I collide with someone's chest. Whipping my head around, I find Kyle standing behind me, his hair wet from just taking a shower, and a white shirt and jeans. 

"Hey guys," he greets with a smile. I blush, and push back a stray hair behind my ear. 

I answer him, "Afternoon, Kyle."

He chuckles a little before looking over to Wally and waving. 

I turn to Wally and mouth, "Be nice." The redhead rolls his eyes and walks off. I sigh as Kyle looks down in disappointment. 

"Don't worry about him," I assure. "I think he has problems with newcomers." 

Kyle nods and I decide to walk with him to my previous destination. It's been a week since Kyle joined and Wally still won't be nice to him. And I still haven't figured out why. Every time I ask Wally why he doesn't like Kyle, he manages to distract me from the subject. 

As we make our way into the training center, I see Robin, Aqualad, and Wally talking in hushed tones. When they stop, I raise an eyebrow in question. Robin shakes his head a little, telling me that he'll tell me later. 

Wally wonders out loud and points to Captain Marvel, "So if Zatara's our babysitter of the week, why's he still here? And why is he eating my snacks?!" 

"Um, sorry that was my fault," Kyle raised his hand sheepishly. "He's a Leaguer, how can I say no to him?" 

Wally glares at him answering harshly, "By saying no you can't have those." 

Noticing the tension between the boys, I step between them, and say to Kyle, "Thanks for trying to cover for me, Kyle, but this has gone far enough." Then I turn to Wally. "It was my fault about the snacks, Wally. Don't blame Kyle. Captain Marvel can have any snacks he wants." 

Wally looks past me to Kyle, knowing I am lying to him. Thankfully, Batman arrived within the next few seconds. "Computer, national news," he calls out. A hologram pops up in the middle of the room with a live video of Cat Grant. 

"The initial attack was short-lived, but Metropolis was only granted a short reprieve. And despite the intervention of Superman and the Justice League, there seems to be no end in sight." 

"Should we get out there?" Robin questions Batman, who answers, "No. The League will soon have the situation under control. That's not why I'm here. According to your intel, Sportsmaster supplied Cadmus' Blockbuster formula to Kobra." 

Wally says, "Who combined it with Bane's venom." "To create Kobra venom," I supply. 

Robin adds, "Which the Brain used to create his animal army." Superboy puts in, "And upgrade Wolf," as he pets the animal's head. 

"The Brain also used inhibitor collars like the ones used at Belle Reve Penitentiary," Miss Martian remarks. Artemis asks, "Batman, is it possible that this plant thing's on Kobra Venom, too?"