~ The Real Lie ~

Mount Justice

August 19, 19:39 EDT

In the mission room/training room, the female computer announces, "Initiate-combat training. 3, 2, 1." 

Aqualad and Superboy go head-to-toe on the last count. I watch the intense moment, next to Artemis and M'gann. 

Artemis randomly says to the martian, "Kaldur's, uh, nice, don't you think? Handsome and commanding. You should totally ask him out."

"Actually, I think you and Kaldur would be pretty good together."

Megan replies, "And besides, he's like a big brother to me. But, you know who would make the cutest couple? Ember and Wally." 

The three girls look at Wally as he chews and gulps down a hotdog. 

"I mean, you're so full of passion, and he's so full of, um-of-" 

Artemis suggests, "It?" 

"Well he sure is full of something."

The three laugh together. Superboy defeats Kaldur within the next few seconds. 

"Fail-Aqualad," the computer states.

Superboy walks to Kaldur and offers him a hand, saying proudly, "Black Canary taught me that." 

Red Tornado flies down into the room from his quarters in the ceiling. 

Wally runs up to him asking, "Do you have a mission for us?" 

"Mission assignments are the Batman's responsibility," Tornado responds. 

Wally says, "Yeah, well, the Batman's with Robin doing the Dynamic Duo thing in Gotham, but you're headed somewhere, right? Hot date or a misión?" 

Kaldur inquires, "If we can be of any help?" 

Tornado pulls up a hologram of man around the age of 89 or 90 with a cane. "This is Kent Nelson, a friend," Tornado begins. "He is 106 years old." 

Wally whispers in my ear, but I could see Artemis trying her best not to overhear our conversation, "Guy doesn't look a day over 90."

Red continues, "And he has been missing for twenty-three days. Kent was a charter member of the Justice Society, the precursor to your mentors' Justice League." 

Kaldur says, "Of course. Nelson was Earth's sorcerer supreme-" 

I interrupt, "Nelson's Doctor Fate."

Wally stares at me, somewhat surprised, then scoffs, "More like Doctor Fake. Guy knows a little advanced science and 'dumbledore's' it up to scare the bad guys and impress the babes." 

"I'm so sure."

Tornado says, "Kent may be simply on one of his walkabouts, but he is caretaker to the Helmet of Fate, the source of the Doctor's Mystic Might, and it is unwise to leave such power unguarded."

M'gann replies excitedly, "He's like the great sorcerer priest of Mars. I would be honored to help find him." 

Wally's hand shoots straight up into the air as he exclaims, "Me, too!" 

All heads turn to him, my eyes widen as I realize what he's doing. 

"So honored I can barely stand it. Magic rocks." 

He makes the rock sign with his hands as I face-palm at his idiocy. 

Red Tornado hands a key to Aqualad, saying, "Take this. It is the key to the Tower of Fate."