Recruitment

The Watchtower

November 25, 06:54 EST

THIRD PERSON POV

Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman stand in the garden. Wonder Woman takes in the sight, saying, "Times like these one feels the very weight of the world upon us." 

They turn around to Aquaman who states, "Everyone is here." They head inside the meeting room. 

Aquaman says to the League members, "Our agenda is clear. What's at stake should not be underestimated."

Superman adds, "The decisions we make today reverberate for years to come."

"And influence whether or not the world continues to put their trust in the Justice League," Wonder Woman puts in.

Batman finishes, "Please take your seats. We have work to do."

After everyone is seated, Martian Manhunter stands and speaks, "Another expansion of the League could generate another escalation of hostilities from our enemies. No one wants or needs another Injustice League."

Superman responds, "Point taken. But the option remains to vote no on all candidates. So I nominate Icon for League Membership." An image of the hero appears in the center of the table.

Green Arrow inquires, "Why? Because you suspect Icon might be Kryptonian like you thought Captain Marvel was?"

Cap asks, "You thought I was Kryptonian? Cool."

Wonder Woman places a reassuring hand on Superman's, stating, "Icon interests me also. As does his protege, Rocket," a holographic image of Rocket appears in the middle. "Athena knows the League could use more female members." 

Canary states, "Agreed." 

"Here, here," Hawkwoman says as well. 

The male members, excluding Batman, Superman, and Martian Manhunter, look around nervously.

Mount Justice

November 25, 10:25 EST

Wally stuffs his face with the cherries in the small package in the kitchen. M'gann and Zatanna are preparing their own Thanksgiving meal for Superboy, and themselves. "Mmm, I love Thanksgiving!" As the speedster's hand goes in the basket once more, the spoon levitates suddenly before whacking his hand.

"Ow!" he exclaims, rubbing his hand, pitifully. 

M'gann laughs, "Those are for dinner, Wally."

"Yelsrap egas yramesor dna emyht!" Zatanna speaks. All the seasons are automatically placed onto the turkey. "There, seasoned to perfection and ready for the oven."

M'gann levitates the main meal into the oven.

"Wally, I thought you were eating with your family," M'gann says.

"And mine too," the familiar blond with dark blue eyes states, wrapping her arms around Wally's neck and kisses his cheek sweetly. "So he better stop eating or his dad will kill him if we're late."

Wally rubs his head sheepishly before grabbing Ember's hand and waving bye to the girls in the kitchen. He quickly speeds back, grabs more cherries, racing back to his girlfriend.