Chapter 28

When I woke up I felt like I was a new person. I never really was a morning person but in this moment I was. I quickly threw on jeans and a t-shirt and walked downstairs. What I saw around me was not a new sight. I saw an empty house. There was a note on the kitchen counter that stated the obvious. My parents had gone out and so had Julia. I crumpled up the note and threw it in the trash, proceeding to make my breakfast.

As I was halfway through making my eggs the door bell rang, making me jump. I placed the turner next to stove and walked to the door. Before I opened the door I looked through the window, seeing Luke standing outside. Quickly opening the door I immediately wrapped my arms around him, pulling him inside.

"What are you doing?" He laughed. "I know I'm early but my house got boring."

"I missed you." I kissed his cheek before going back to my eggs. "Do you want breakfast?"

"I actually woke up an hour ago, unlike some people." I heard his voice trailing behind me.

"How do you know when I woke up?" I asked, focusing on my eggs. Luke took a seat across from me on a bar stool, watching intently.

"You still have toothpaste on the corner of your mouth." My eyes widened as I wiped my mouth using a dish towel. "It's cute."

"I don't agree." I rolled my eyes, turning off the stove and searching for a plate.

"Want me to show you?"

"Show me what?" I chuckled, not understanding what he was talking about. Out of the corner of my eye I watched him rise up off the bar stool and walk towards me. He slid his around my waist, standing behind me. I could feel his hot breath on my neck. I turned around and seeing he was closer to me than expected. "Luke come on."

"Ellie," he gave me the look. The look that always got to me and made me change my mind. I felt my heart pace speed up as he moved in closer. Even though I had already had sex with him, he still made my heart race. It was an amazing feeling. I closed the gap between us, pressing my lips against his. I loved how soft they were and how good they made me feel. He pressed me hard against his body, picking me up and setting me on the counter top. I moved my legs apart, letting him come closer to me. His hands rested on my waist as he trailed down my neck, kissing me so softly it almost felt like nothing. I twirled the hairs at the base of his head lightly, not wanting this feeling to end.

He stopped and looked at me directly. "I love you so much, Ellie." He smiled and shook his head, like he couldn't believe what he was saying. "I didn't really think you would ever not hate me."

I cupped his cheek with my palm, brushing my thumb against his skin. "Let's not talk about that." I gently pressed my lips against his, savoring every second. "I don't want to do this here." I mumbled.

"Why not?" I could feel his lips turn into a smirk as we kissed. "Where's your sense of adventure, Ellie?"

"Not in my kitchen where my family eats, Luke." He let out a deep breath and mumbled something. I wrapped my legs around his waist as I felt him starting to pick me up off the counter. "What are you doing?"

"Relocating." We entered the living room where he laid me down on the couch and continued to kiss me. After a while we got bored of the same position so I switched to top. I looked down and smiled at my boyfriend. He moved a piece of fallen hair out of my face, bringing me closer to him.

As much as I loved moments like this, it wasn't what I wanted. "Can we just stop?" I saw the confused look in his eyes, wondering why I was putting this to an end. "I'm still tired and I just want to lay here. With you."

"Sure, yea, of course." He stumbled over his words. He re-positioned himself so we could both fit next to each other. I rested my head on his chest and listened to the steady beat of his heart. We laid together for ten minutes before we heard the door open. "It's probably my parents. They said they may be home earlier than expected." I spoke.

"Ellie?" I looked up to find my sister standing in the center of the living room.

"Oh shit." I climbed over Luke as fast as I could, accidentally knocking him off the couch in the process. "I'm so sorry." I said to Luke who was getting up off the floor.

"Ellie," Julia started, "what is.." I could tell she was at a loss for words. "I don't even think I know." She put one hand on her forehead, assessing the situation. "Can he please leave?" She asked, referring to Luke who was sitting quietly behind me on the couch. I turned and gave him the 'I'm so sorry' look, but all I got in return was a shrug and a nod. I watched him leave without saying one word to me or even kissing me goodbye. Now all I was left with was my sister, who I knew was mad at me.

"Can I just explain?"

"Explain what?" Julia's tone turned from shaky and confused to just plain mad. "We both know what's going on. Why talk about it when it's clear? This is so not even worth talking about, Ellie."

"You don't want to hear what I have to say?" I was taken aback by how harsh she was. I never wanted something like this to happen. Even if it did I never thought she would act this angry, not even wanting to hear me speak.

She shook her head and folder her arms across her chest. "Not really, because you were the only person who knew. You were one who I trusted and understood. It's just that simple. Now I have to go find my wallet, which I came back for before I realized what my dear sister was doing." Julia rolled her eyes and marched out of the room.

I was left speechless. Julia was never the one to get this angry over anything. I understood her situation but it hurt to know it ended up like this. To most people it would've looked like she was overreacting but she wasn't.

Moments later she came back downstairs with her wallet in her hand. Before she left she gave me one last glare. A look I hoped and never thought I would see from her. I knew this was all my fault and I wondered how long it would take for her to see my side.

I knew I should've listened to Luke and talked to her by myself. If I did, none of this would have happened and Julia would want to look me in the eyes.

---

author's note

emo at 1:19 am which is when i finished writing this

I thought about this chapter a lot ok like a lot and i know it seems short but it's only the beginning of what is to come ;)

comment nd vote :D