N.B 11

"What's up dude?" Jason asked. I had bumped into the crew.

I hoped they didn't see the book in my hand.

"Uh, I'm just gonna put some stuff in my locker and I'll meet you guys at the cafeteria", I said quickly.

"Got something for us?" Pete asked.

"Uh..." I said, but Bolt grabbed the notebook from my hand. He really was fast.

Pete pointed a lone finger at me, looking proud. "You my friend are officially a part of the group".

I wanted to grab the book back from Bolt but he was busy paging it.

Pete patted me on the shoulder.

"So now do I get to know what you are going to do with it?" I asked.

"Does it have what you want?" Pete asked Jesse, who had joined Bolt to look at the book.

"Yep. This kid is talented", Jesse replied.

I cocked my eyebrow.

"Jesse here is..." Pete started but Bolt interrupted.

"It has way more than Jesse is looking for. Listen to this..." he said and proceeded to read what Rain had written about a visit to his therapist. It was something I hadn't read. The only thing I could understand was that Rain had lost something he loved and he felt guilty about it.

The air was somber after Bold finished. The entry was sad.

"Suddenly I feel bad about doing this", Pete said. "The kid is still suffering".

"Hey! I need this. Besides, we aren't taking away his thoughts. I just need the drawings. He'll find somewhere else to write his thoughts".

"Would somebody tell me what's going on?" I asked in irritation.

"Jesse lied to a very important person that he can draw and he needs proof. Everyone knows Rain can draw. It's that simple", Jason said.

"Let's go to the cafeteria guys", Bolt said handing Jesse Rain's book. Something told me Rain was not going to see that book again.

The guys left me and Jesse in the corridor. Jesse had to put the book in his locker. When I was certain they couldn't hear me I turned to Jesse.

"I want the book back", I said clearly.

"What?" he asked. He was shocked.

"You heard me. I want that book back", I said.

"Why dude? It's not yours", he stated the obvious.

"I gave it to you and I want it back. I won't let you steal someone's work", I said.

Jesse sized me up. "So you are a goody-two-shoes?"

"It doesn't matter what I am. Give me the book back", I ordered slowly.

"Or what?" he challenged.

"Or I'll wipe the floor with you", I said sternly. I had promised myself I would wait a while before I upset my uncle again, but I felt compelled to do what I considered right.

Jesse chuckled.

"What the fuck is wrong with you dude? I thought you were a part of the crew", he said.

"Just give me book back", I said.

"No!" he said.

"Jesse, I really don't want to fight with you. Just give me the book back and everything will go back to normal".