N.B 24

When the bell rang signaling end of school-day, I told Julie about going to visit Ryan. I wanted to go immediately, but that wasn't possible since Julie and I had come in the same car. Going home to drop off Julie meant losing precious time with Ryan, and I didn't want to make him late for work. He wasn't on good terms with his uncle. I didn't want to aggravate that.

Jordan had ice-hockey practice, which meant he couldn't take Julie home. I was stuck with her.

She waltzed in with a solution.

"How about I drive you there and pick you up? It saves you time", she said.

"Genius!" I said. A bit of me was happy I didn't have to drive. The snow still deterred me. I felt like I would get the visions while driving because of the similarities of the scenes and just crash.

"Great. Buckle up. Next stop, hot guy station", she said.

I chuckled and blushed at the same time. As if on cue, it started snowing a few seconds after we left the parking lot. I watched as snow fell onto the windshield. It was light and pure white. It was really beautiful.

Julie drove smoothly, though slow. I was burning with anticipation so I was irritated. But I also knew it was for the best.

I remembered that Ryan had said to text him when I was coming. We were very close to his house when I did, after I had racked my brain on how I could forget something so important. What if he wasn't there?

"21...22...I think this is 23", Julie said as she counted the houses. She stopped in front of one.

We were in front of a nice two-storey house surrounded by a white picket fence. There was no one outside.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Julie asked.

"No!" I said quickly. "Just stay here. I'll tell you if you can leave", I said.

I got out of the car shortly. Snow fell on my head and jacket immediately. I looked like I had just been in a pillow fight. I walked to the gate and let myself into the yard. I quickly walked to the steps that led to the front door. I had no doubt Julie was watching my every move.

I knocked on the door slowly. There was a pause and the door opened. Ryan was standing there in his boxers and a sweater. He had a bowl of cereal in one hand. He had walked to the door without pants not knowing who it was. Typical Ryan. I loved how relaxed he was.

He smiled when he saw me. "That was fast. I..." he said and looked at his pants or lack there-of, "I was gonna take a shower".

"I'm sorry. I forgot and only texted you when I was a couple of blocks away", I said sheepishly.

"It's okay", he said.

He leaned in to give me a kiss. If Julie had binoculars she would have used them.

When he pulled back he said, "If only I didn't have this bowl in my hand. Come in and I'll give you a proper kiss".

I walked in and he closed the door. I was instantly greeted by warmth. The heater was on in the living room. There was a blanket on the couch and an empty bag of chips and chocolate bars on the floor. It looked like he had been lazing around. We stopped in the entryway.

I didn't even get a chance to see where he put the bowl before his lips swooped on mine. They were just as I remembered. His kiss was faster than the previous night and more intense. It was as if he was trying to make up for all the time when hadn't spent together that day in one kiss. I loved it. I loved it too when his arms wrapped around my waist. He occasionally caressed my back as we kissed.