N.B 32

I took the bus to town. I couldn't even say goodbye to Emily and Sally. They had already left for school when I went down the stairs with my luggage. Only my aunt was in the house and she didn't even look at me.

I doubted my sexual orientation had anything to with her insistence I left. It was something she had wanted all along. She hadn't wanted me there in the first place. Even though she made numerous suggestions to my uncle, he didn't listen. She just needed something to tip the scales and she had found it. She needed something my uncle wouldn't agree with and I had supplied her with it. She was probably singing 'hallelujah' wherever she was.

I searched for a while and found a motel I could afford with the savings I had from working for my uncle. It wasn't much because he didn't pay me like the other employees. I wasn't an official employee so he just gave me an incentive for helping out. My room was okay. It was small, but it was just me so I didn't mind.

It was just a bedroom and a bathroom. It was clean, but everything seemed old. The paint on the wall looked like it had been done and altered several times. The bedsheets were light blue. I walked in and closed the door, putting my bags on the floor.

I was supposed to go job-hunting but I didn't feel like it. I collapsed on the bed and actually fell asleep.

I was woken up by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I said sleepily.

"Baby, where are you? School is done now; we left early because of Christmas break", Rain said urgently.

"Um..."

"I'm sorry, I'm being a pest. I just wanted to know that you are okay. It's okay if you don't want to see me now", he cut in.

I chuckled. "Of course I want to see you. I just forgot where I am. Please hold".

I told Rain where I was. He seemed eager to see me. It wasn't just his family that worried a lot, he had inherited the genes. I guess it made sense taking into account what had happened to him. And he cared about me.

He showed up at my door after 30 minutes. I opened the door after he knocked.

His beautiful face came into my view.

"Hey baby", I said.

"Hey!" he said giving me a wide smile. I took the time to hug him. He was still standing outside but I didn't care. He kissed me on the neck.

"How was your day?" he asked as he entangled himself from the embrace.

I led him into the room and closed the door. He sat on the bed and I did the same, facing him.

I shrugged. "It could have been worse".

"I'm so sorry baby", he said. He looked genuinely worried.

'It's fine. I'll get a job and everything will be fine", I said.

He moved closer to me. "Just tell me if you need any help".

"I will"

"Please don't let pride stop you from asking", he said softly.

I moved my hand to his face, brushing slightly. His face was super-soft, even though it was a cold day.

"I will ask for help if I need it", I said.

Seconds later my lips ended on his. Our kiss became hot and steamy in no time. I could feel that his lips had yearned for mine, just as mine had yearned for his. I took off his sweater with my one hand, making sure the other was supporting his head. I knew it was cold so I massaged his shoulder slowly.