N.B 34 (Epilogue)

Epilogue

Rainier's POV

"Laurent, Rainier Jacques!"

My parents were already up on their feet. They clapped so hard and screamed. Their faces were beaming, and pretty much exhausted. They were still recovering from clapping for Julie, who had been called onto the stage just before me.

I walked onto the stage proudly with my gown waving behind me. I donned the colors of Lake Harlow high school, navy blue and sky blue. This was it. It was officially my final day as a high school student. I was now a graduate. I would miss the school terribly. For the past 4 years it had been my home. I was familiar with almost every aspect of the building and the grounds. I knew almost all the teachers.

My diploma was thrust in my hand and I shook hands with the person who gave it to me and the principal. My parents were still on their feet and clapping. They were really proud of Julie and I. I raised my diploma high above my head and the other students clapped.

I returned to my seat at the far end of the stage. We were seated in alphabetical order based on our last names, so Julie and I sat next to each other.

Other students were called onto the stage to receive their diplomas.

Julie looked at me while we clapped.

"You don't really seem that much happy", she whispered.

"I'm going to miss this place", I said.

"It's more than that", she said matter-of-factly.

I sighed. "Chloe promised, but she's not here and Ryan will be crushed".

"Maybe something happened", she said.

"I hope so...well, not something bad. Ryan was really looking forward to seeing Kayla".

I leaned forward to glance at Ryan. Even after a year I still found him to be gorgeous beyond words. He was seated far from me because his last name started with a C. Just as I expected, he was looking around.

I couldn't believe Chloe would do this to him. She had agreed to bring Kayla to his graduation. It was a special day for him and he wanted to share it with his now 3-year old daughter. He had missed 2 years of her life. The school had allowed Kayla to attend, and she was underage.

After Ryan told me about Kayla I helped set him up with my dad's friend who was a lawyer. He helped him get supervised visitation. He couldn't leave with Kayla and he wasn't happy about that, but he was glad he could see her. He promised to seek more once he was stable. He loved her; you could just see it when they were playing. I had met her once. She was a spitting image of her dad with the blue eyes, though she had just one dimple. She looked cute either way.

Ryan and I were going to celebrate our 2 year anniversary later that year, hopefully. We didn't really have a date, so we celebrated the whole of November and December. Those two months were really important to us. It wasn't just because we started dating, but we helped free each other from our burdens.

Ryan was still the guy I wanted, and I had him. Our relationship wasn't perfect, but it was perfect for me. We fought but our fights were never serious. We complemented each other well.

We'd actually won couple of the year and our picture was in the yearbook. It was a silly award, but I guess people saw the love between us. I still loved him very much and my love grew tenfold every day.

"Rainier, 1 o'clock!" Julie whispered.

I looked at her and then at what she had directed me to. A girl was walking hastily towards the seats where the parents and guardians sat. She was holding a baby girl in her arms. I didn't have to recognize her to know it was Chloe. The girl in her arms wearing a pink dress spoke volumes. She had come! I knew Ryan would be very happy.