1.Run Away With Me

**Playlist**
-Sweater Weather, The Neighborhood
-Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You, Arctic Monkeys

December, 2010

Eleven-year-old Skylar walked along the empty road. It was snowing and she didn't have a coat. She had just moved to Joplin, Missouri.
"Hey, you!" A boys voice yelled from down the street.
Skylar kept walking. She didn't care at all.
Suddenly she heard running. Finnaly, a boy who looked about her age appeared at her side. "Are you crazy?!" The boy said. "It's like negative a million degrees out here! You're gonna get pneumonia."
The boy pronounced it with a 'p'. Why did he care? He doesn't know me.
Skylar was lost in her thoughts and to get her attention, he whistled and waved his hand in front of her face.
She blinked.
"Uhm, here." He said, handing her his jacket, knowing he had one underneath. "You're the new girl, aren't you?" He said with a cheeky grin. "It's  too cold for you here."
Too cold? I can handle anything. She argued in her head.
~~
"I'm Chris. You moved here from Cali, right?"
Skylar nodded.
"You don't talk much. I like you. Wanna be friends?"
Friends? What the hell is wrong with this kid? Skylar thought.
She shyly shrugged.
"What's your name?" Chris asked. Why does he want to know?
"My name's Skylar." She blurted.
Great. Now he probably thinks you have an ugly name. Said the voice in her head.
Shut up. She told it.
"Well, Skylar, would you please run away with me?"