10.Break Your Little Heart

--Playlist--
Break Your Little Heart-All Time Low
Almost Lover-A Fine Frenzy
You Were Mine-Dixie Chicks
Misery Buisness-Paramore
---------------
Chris' POV~
~One year later~

  So lately I've been having feelings for another girl. I know, I know, call me a bad guy, but I don't know. I guess I just can't control my feelings. If I could, I would, trust me. I don't want to break Skylar's heart!

I stared at Ellie. She had long, blonde, strawberry scented hair, blue eyes you could just get lost in, fair skin that I just wanted to touch-You used to feel the same way about Skylar.

I turned my attention away from the girls and back to my work. I had science after this. Which meant I had to see Skylar. Dammit!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  I sat in my usual seat in the back. A minute later Skylar came in and sat next to me. "Hey, Chris," She practically sang. "Hi," I said and flashed a fake smile. I'm tired of fake smiles. My brain whined.

"What's wrong, baby?" She asked, her voice laced with concern and worry. "Nothing, darlin'". I said and tried to not sound confused and upset. She sighed and laced her fingers with mine. "Just know you can tell me anything."
Her skin was always so cold, I loved that. I might miss that.

As the bell rang I practically yanked my hand from hers and left class.

I texted her and told her to meet me at my house at four.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"There's quite a few breakup scenarios that could go on," Jeremy explained. "There's angry, emotional, happy, stone faced, and neutral. Angry is where, well obviously they're angry. Emotional is where they're bawling their eyes out. Happy is where they're literally glad you broke up with them. Stone faced is where they just show no emotion. And neutral is just when they're sad, might shed a tear or two, but don't exactly cause a big deal. I think she's gonna be pretty neutral to be honest."

"Wow. Okay." I said.

    Jeremy left after we talked 'cos it was near four. Skylar climbed through my bedroom window. "Hey, Chris." She said. "What'd you wanna talk about?" She asked, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Umm. Listen Skylar," I started, sitting next to her. "I think-I think we sh-should break up." I stuttered.
"Oh." She said. There was a tiny pause of silence. "Can I at least know why?" She said, obviously heartbroken.

I didn't answer. It felt like my body was having a panic attack.

She sighed. "There's another girl. Johnnie told me. I just wanted to hear the words from your mouth." She choked, her eyes welling with tears. She started to climb out of my window. "I guess I'll see you at school." Skylar finnaly said as a single tear rolled down her pale cheek.

I watched as she walked down the street to Johnnie's house. He opened the door and outstretched his arms, and pulled her into a hug as she started to cry. They went inside and shut the door.

I felt a ping of guilt in my chest. What did I just do? And how did Johnnie know?