Chapter 5

After Luke and I stopped talking, I started calling up Sam. She answered quickly."Hey. Waz up?" "I need to stay at your house for a bit." There was a sigh from her end."You don't need to ask, just come over you idiot."

I started grabbing stuff and shoving it in a duffle bag. I then thought about my mom. Will she come back while I'm away? No, she left for good. I closed the bag, and I could feel tears coming to my eyes. I didn't let them fall.

I ran down the stairs, not caring about my dad who was yelling my name. I quickly walked out the door, and ran down the street to Sam's. She was already waiting on her doorstep. Her smile soon faded when she saw me. "My god. What happened?" I ran into her arms, and I just couldn't hold back the tears anymore."Hey. Don't cry. We have a concert in 3 days." "Life sucks, Sam."

We walked into her house, and I saw her mom in the kitchen. She looked at me, and a slight gasp escaped her mouth."What happened?" She asked. "A horrible father." I said.

She pulled me into a tight hug, and then Sam and I ran up the stairs to we room. I set my stuff down, and she got right to the point."Your father? Your FATHER?!" "Sam, calm down." "I CANT CALM DOWN. HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF. YOU LOOK HORRIBLE, V!" She threw her hands up in frustration."I know that. I'm fine now."

She gave me a stare, and then picked up my bag. She threw it on her bed, and helped me put some of my stuff away.
-----------------------------------------

The next day, I get a text from Luke.

L: I'm in America!

V: Wow! I live here!

L: -_-

V: :)

L: Are you out of the house?

V: Yeah. I'm staying at Sam's

L: Good

V: Luke?

L: Yeah?

V: Why do you care about me so much?

L: YOURE MY BEST FRIEND! How could I not?!

V: I don't know. It's just you're famous and I'm a nobody and you care about me so much. It doesn't make sense.

L: You're not a nobody

V: Well, to everyone, I'm invisible

L: Well, if you're invisible, how come I can see you?

L: It's because I can't miss amazing things that are standing right in front of me.

V: Thanks Luke

L: 2 DAYS!

V: 2 days!

L: I got to go for practice, bye purple

V: Bye Lucas👋🏻
---------------------------------
V: I'm bored without you

V: Here in the moment on the dark side off the screen.

V: I like the summer rain

V: I like the sounds you make

V: We put the world away

L: WE GET SO DISCONNECTED

V: You stole my thunder :(

L: But you're a summer rain, and I like you

V: You did not just say that.

L: What happens if I did

V: My lashton heart will break, and be replaced my a liolet heart.

L: Well, maybe you should just have a Cake heart

V: But, Lashton is life

L: But why not cake?

V: I don't like neither real cake or ship name cake

L: Really

V: Not lying

V: doesn't your show start in a few minutes?

L: Yeah

V: Then why are you texting me?

L: Because you're a summer rain, and I like you

V: You did it again

L: I know :-)

V: You're an absolute idiot

L: DONT WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIOT!

V: You aren't. You're Australian.

L: :-(

L: I gtg. The show is about to start

V: Bye

L: Bye