Chapter 23

Luke's POV

When we arrived in San Diego, we immediately headed for the hospital. I anxiously tapped my foot in the car, and I knew everyone was worried.

"She'll be alright, Luke." Michael said. I know he's trying to cheer me up, but it's not helping. I nod, not saying anything.

We arrived, and we quickly walked. We told who we were looking for, and we stopped outside her room."We want you to go first." Calum said. I walk in the door, and she's laying there. Her eyes not open, her skin so pale, and her face cut up.

I walked a bit closer, and sat in the chair next to her. It was just like before. I just sat there, not knowing what to do but sit here. I looked at the table next to me, and it was a paper. I picked it up, and it was a note from a girl named Lindsey.

"Hey Violet. I hope you're doing okay, and I'm sorry that I can't come that often. It's hard not talking to you. Just staring at your face today made me cry, and I'm sorry you're in a coma."

Shes in a coma."Shît," I mumble to myself. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't.

"You never deserved this. You're such a great person that deserved better. Get better soon, please.

Xoxo
Lindsey"

I put the note down, and realized the guys were standing there."Are you okay?" Ashton asked."How can I be okay when I'm one of the reasons she's in a coma? How can I be okay knowing that she tried to commit suicide because of me? How can I be okay when someone I care about is like this? I'm not okay. I feel like shît." I say, and I walked out of the room.

I sat in one of the chairs for 6 hours. The guys left to go to the hotel room, but I stayed. After another ten minutes, I saw a blonde girl walking towards one of the seats. She sat down, and looked at me.

"Who are you?" She asked."Oh, uh, Luke," I said."Violet's ex?" She asked. I flinched at the words, and she seemed to notice."You're a real ass, you k-" "I already do know. I caused this, so you should really call me something worse. I already feel like shît." I say.

She looked away from me, and then snapped her head back."Aren't you supposed to be on tour?" She asked. I nod, and looked down at my feet."So, you're ditching your concerts for her?" I nod again."Are you really sorry for hurting her?" "I obviously wouldn't be sitting her if I wasn't." I say, starting to get annoyed by her questions.

I started to get tears in my eyes, but I wiped them away."Are you okay?" She asked. I hate that question, always hearing it."No. She called me before it happened, but I never answered. I was supposed to be her superman, but I lost her." I say, and start crying."You haven't lost her. Did she leave a message when she called?" I nod, and hand her my phone for her to play it.

After hearing Violet's message, she stopped asking me things. We just sat there."How long have you been here?" Another question."7 hours, I think." I reply, and then the silence was back.
----------------------------------------

I woke up, and I was still at the hospital. The guys were sitting next to me, and they were silent."Hey." I yawn, and they looked at me."Morning, sunshine." Michael said."Anything?" I asked, and they shook their heads.

Another few hours passed of sitting and waiting when a nurse came out of her room."She's out of the coma, but only one person at a time. We don't her getting scared." She said, and we decided I'd go first.

I walked in, and she stared at me. "Hey." I say. She just looked at me. "You okay?" I asked."How long have you been here?" She asked."Oh, uh, like a day. Ever since we heard, we came." I said."So you missed your concert?" I nod, and she's silent."I know I'm the last person you want to see, s-" "I never said that." She said."Oh," is all I could reply."Stop being the awkward little shît you are and come here." She said, and I sat in the chair that I did yesterday.

"I'm s-" "Don't. I'm the bîtch that got mad." She said."You're really making this easy." I joke, and she laughed. I looked at her wrists, and they were cut bad."Yesterday?" I asked. I knew it was an uncomfortable question, but she nodded. I hugged her, and she didn't want to let go."I hate dealing with this shît," She said."But at least I have you." "Forever." I assured."We don't live forever." She responded."As long as possible!" I exclaimed."I liked forever better." She said."You're an idiot." I say."We're both idiots." She said, and I couldn't help but kiss her.