Chapter II

NOTE: Dedicated to DeliciousPopsicle for being a total Royal/Loyal supporter of #AADL and that comment above!

Chapter II

✽❋✽

I was scared. That's why the first that came to my mind was running. And I did. I ran through the dark hallway all the way to the darkest part.

In front of me stood a fancy English door, I just went through it, knowing no matter how much I tried to actually open that door, it wouldn't. I ran straight into a dark room, and as I thought of lights turning on - they did. Scaring me more than I was already.

I went to the deep corner, wishing that light would just turn off, but it didn't, making me lose control and letting a sob racked through my body. I slipped down the wall on the corner, my body shaking as a fall of tears ride down my pale cheeks.

I cried, and kept crying till my eyes tired from the welling.

What was going on?

✽❋✽

"Always remember, honey, we love you, you and your brother." Mother spoke in a soft, sweet whisper, holding me dearly, in her arms.

It had been a year since my sixteenth birthday, and yet, I still hadn't found my mate. Maybe this was how everyone felt. Lonely and empty inside. I wasn't sure. My parents had found each other in their seven-hundredths. Which obviously is more than seventeen years.

But, based on what my mother has told me, you don't feel this broken, you feel normal, living through life, until. But in my case, I don't feel like taking another step in life. I just keep feeling pain. Our pack elders tell me it's just a phrase but I see it in their eyes, sympathy, pity.

It all makes me feel sick. I knew something was wrong. And my wild mind just imagined the worst scenarios, death, betrayal.

I just wanted my mate to be found, oka-

✽❋✽

Thump!

I suddenly jumped, at the sound. Someone had opened the door. As they turned the lights on, I didn't bother hiding, I knew no one could see me, I wasn't sure why.

I heard a deep sigh, as the door was closed. "Shut up!" a deep voice suddenly demands. The voice full of power.

I flinched, it scared me, yet that voice sooth me. Shocked, I let a squeak out, not really bothering being quiet, what's the point.

Suddenly, I heard a growl. And for some reason, I knew it was meant for me. Ever so slowly, I let my swollen red eyes wander up, in the direction of the voice's sound.

When I did, I was meet with a pair of green piercing eyes, that we're starting right at me.

✽❋✽

xox, Roxana 

xox, Roxana