Chapter XXX

Chapter XXX

✽❋✽

That Night...

It was getting to a time to head inside and sit around the family dining table. In other words, time for dinner.

Pups ran around playing with their friends as fathers gave piggy-back rides to their daughters. Mothers gossiped about their mates to each other, as their eyes shone with pride.

It was a wonderful afternoon. The sun was setting beautifully over the hills giving the surrounding green trees rays of light and turning the sky from red to yellow, even purple. The sky, the trees, they would soon be dyed red.

The pack of (name here because I forgot...) were having a joyous day. But the day wasn't over, the night was just beginning.

In a two-story house next to the Alpha House, was the Howlee Family House. Two of the four members were inside. The mother was finishing up with dinner, as the daughter watch her favorite TV show. The mother was focused on her cooking while the daughter was too focused on figuring out the game maker.

Outside, on the outskirts of the small village, warriors were falling. An army was surrounding the entire pack. Bringing an enemy down, a man wiped his bleeding mouth and speed through the trees, the trees that now seemed to be no more than an obstacle. The night seemed to fall at a fast rate. The moonlight showed on the battlefield. The green land was slowly being dyed red. As fog and dark clouds roamed above.

He zoomed through the battlefield as he watches his packmates fall. He didn't stop or turned around. He finally arrived at a house, throwing the door open he's breathing was rapid. With no time to waste, his mate and daughter joined him, both in panic.

The mother silently thanked the Moon Goddess that her son was at a friends house once she heard the news. The daughter was a Warrior in training. She was no coward, and so she and her mother joined her father on the red blood battlefield.

✽❋✽

The beautiful skies became dark as black clouds began to cloud over the village. You could hear the terror-filled screams of children and the painful screams of mates losing their other half. Every time a fellow packmate fell, Lynnette could feel it in her chest. Like strings tugging roughly against her heart, a painful burn rammed up her spine pass her heart and to her brain cells. Her pack was falling.

"Lynnette," her mother whispered in her ears, placing her hands on her daughter's shoulders, giving her an encouraging hug from behind. She felt the loss, too. Her mate was near them, helping a fellow pack mate throw an intruder off them, snapping the wolf's neck in a split second.

A scream of pain was heard through the air as the Gamma fell. Dalton Forest was his name, his mate close by dropping down in pain, no longer fighting against the enemy, her head being snapped before she could let out a howl of pain.

Lynnette could smell the anxiety of her pack mates. If the GAMMA had fallen, who was to say they the lower ranks could stand?

Some distracted with the sudden great pain of their 3rd highest ranked member, fell with the Gamma family. Lynnette and her mother were suddenly surrounded by three enemy wolves, two brown furred and one a tan orange. They were the size of Lynnette's standing height, 5'4".

Without wasting time, both she-wolves turned into their wolves. Lydia (that was the mom's name, right?) turned into her strawberry blonde wolf, a bit smaller than the three male wolves surrounding them, but more agile. Same with Lynnette, her clothes shattering as fur pierced through her skin, and ripped her clothes to pieces. Her wolf was a silver-white color, like the moon.

Her fur color is the only thing she knew about her mate, he was an Alpha blood. As Alpha males have black fur and Luna's have silver white fur. Her only connection to him.

Lynnette's father noticing his family in danger attacked the tan wolf who had jumped in the air in the aim of his mate's neck. Instant kill.

The attack began between them, each taking a wolf. First down was the tan wolf, as Lynnette's father had bitten into the wolf's neck. The next one down was the wolf Lynnette was fighting against. The last one was her mother's competition. They had won the small battle of this war with only a couple scratches to Lynnette's cheek and a scratch to her mother's leg.

Her father quickly licked Lynnette's cheek, like a kill and rubbed their cheeks together. "I love you," he barked at her wolf, her wolf understanding and barking back a reply, Oh, father, don't speak like that, she thought. 

Next was his mate, giving her long lick to her snout. With no other words, her father pounced into the next battle. Looking at her daughter, Lydia took a step forward, nuzzling against Lynnette's thick coat of a dusty white, giving a quick lick and joining her pack on this fight. Lynnette stood there, watching her mother stride out of her sight. What she didn't know was that that would be the last time she saw her parents.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

On a side note, please go check out thatgabbykid and read her book ZANTHUS which is such a good book like no kidding! I'm obsessed (u can ask her) and if you read it we need to get together for a book club here, LIKE WHO IS BAMBI and their MOTHER?? BUT go check that out if you want another original, shiver giving piece of literature. SO EXCITED, SHE UPDATES TODAY ;)

First, I'd like to thank my mother for always being there--

HONESTLY, I'd like to thank my family. My WHOLE family. Which includes every single one of you. Atleast for the period you are reading AADL. THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is the farthest I've ever written of a novel book and it's amazing! I couldn't have done it without you all! Also, it's been a full month since we hit 100K reads, and I am proud to say we made another 23K in that month :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO ME THAT YOU EVEN GLANCED AT MY BOOK. AND IF YOU ARE STILL READING THIS, KNOW I LOVE YOU (no, that's not weird!) AND I AM SO VERY THANKFUL :)

WITH LOVE AND APPRECIATION, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED CHAPTER 30... PART 1 ;P

xox, ROXANA

xox, ROXANA