Chapter XVIII

Dedicated to @crichardson3rd for being a supporting fan of AADL! Thank you!

Chapter XVIII

✽❋✽

Suddenly, Easton questioned out loud, "You can see her?"

That made me freeze. She saw me...

I felt a relief flow inside my chest. But as soon as it came, it was popped.

The witch laughed. And laughed. Earning weird looks from both Easton and I. "You are too cute!" she cooed, then stopped joking and became dead serious, "Of course not!"

That smile on her face was taunting. What the...

"Then... how?..." Easton, like me, seemed lost. Welcome to the club. Membership of two.

"I'm a witch! Remember, honey?" I felt a feeling in the pit of my stomach hearing her called him honey.

"He actually prefers chocolate," I mumbled, not quite like her... Witch my booty...

"Oh, does he?" she grinned, definitely disliked her. "Anyways, come on in,"

And we did.

The small wooden cabin appeared seemingly bigger on the inside. The walls were wooden and the floor was carpeted by a rug. On the wall, unknown, creepy looking things were hung. It gave the room a weird vibe. Other than that, the cabin was cozy. It almost felt like home...

"Anyway, like I was saying: no I can't see the girl," the witch spoke, settling us into the weird shaded green and purple one person couches. "I can see her spirit. In fact, I can feel her."

"That's not creepy at all..." I whispered, feeling a bit creeped out. So, now people could feel my spirit. Hooray!

"It isn't. Really," she said, her blond perfect curls hanging loosely around her shoulders.

"Madame Chatie, we came seeking for your help. We need-" Easton began, cutting right to the chase.

"Now, now, Easton... don't get ahead of yourselves, it's late." the witch, Madame Chat C? spoke, sitting up. Now that she mentioned it, it seemed that we had disturbed her nap, as she was in a dull red material robe.

"But-" Easton attempted again at no vain.

"Now.. umm... Lynnette?" she asked, looking my way.

I nodded, "Yes, that's me!"

"Come along, dear, I'll show you to your room." she said, getting up from her spot on the grey three-seater sofa, "Easton, you stay here. We have some talking to do."

"But-" this time I was the one to speak, I wanted to be a part of this conversation. After all, this situation had more to do with me than Easton...

"Oh, don't even start. Now come on, follow me!"

Huffing in defeat, I stood up from my seat and started following her down the small hallway and into a room. Leaving Easton in the cabin's living room.

"Now this is where you'll be staying," she told me, opening the 2nd door to the right. Inside the room, I was welcomed by a light shade of purple walls and a bed covered with white and purple sheets. The room seemed to belong to a young girl, around my age I believe.

"You know, this room belonged to my daughter. Ah! My Shelly. She was just around your age when she passed away." she finished sadly, staring off into space.

"I'm sorry to hear that..." I said, not sure what to say. After all, what do you say to someone that's lost someone?

"Oh! No, dear. Shelly isn't dead, dead. She is an apprentice of the gods and goddesses."

"Ah... so when you say she passed... you mean it like that..." I said, totally confused.

"Yes! Anyway, I must go now. You sleep and rest."

With that, she left. Leaving me alone in the dimmed room. Sighing, I settled down in the bed. With Easton not here, I slept on top of the covers. Easton... I wonder what they were talking about over there...

✽❋✽