Chapter IX

NOTE: Dedicated to nonosbah for being a total Royal/Loyal reader!  

Chapter IX

✽❋✽

That night, the light in Alpha Zeita's room didn't go out until early morning.

We had spent the night making a plan; to give my spirit peace.

From what we had gathered from an ancient book from Easton's family library, my spirit wasn't at peace or ready to leave this world. We had come to conclude that my soul was restless to protect Andre. It needed to be assured that he would be alright. That he'd be okay after losing his family and pack. That he would be fine. I hoped and prayed to the Luna Zeita, that my brother would grow fine. That he would grieve and heal. That he would turn out okay.

Easton said he knew of a witch, an old friend of his family who might have some knowledge that might help us. She lived north, a couple hours from here. Twelve to be exact.

"By car?" I asked, thinking that would be a howl of a car ride.

Hesitantly, he replied, "Car? The metal carriages?"

My left eyebrow instantly went up, an amused smile taking place in my face, "Yes, a metal carriage."

His cheeks flushed pink, as he stutters, "Of course not, we run in our wolf,"

"No wonder it takes that long," I informed him, "by car, we'd make half that time."

We were set to leave tomorrow afternoon. By then, Easton would have taken care of some pack business and informed them that his beta would be in charge while he was away.

Andre would be staying here for now. Easton said he would ask Sean's parent to look after him until it was time to leave for the Academy. He promised Tina and Ben were nice people; they would take great care of Andre.

Now, as Easton slept, I watched the moon. Giving a silent prayer to help me on this journey.

No sleep came to me, I guess it was part of being dead. I turned my view from the great big orb that illuminated the night, to the man that slept less than four meters away from me. I was currently sitting by the window in his room, the soft cushioned window seat under me. It was a dark grey, as most of the things in his room. The only color –other than his clothes which included from dark red to dark blue to black and white– was green. The room was unsurprisingly clean, as he was an Alpha.

To think about it, how old was he? This question repeated in my head as I stared at his face. His chest rising and falling in even breaths that sometimes faltered. He looked troubled, broken even. I couldn't help but wonder why?

I knew he was hiding something; I wasn't stupid. Did it have something to do with his distressed look?

Shaking my thoughts away, I turned back to what laid in my lap. I knew I wasn't capable of grabbing an object; so I had asked Easton to write the list down for me.

"Sure," he had said, grabbing a piece of paper from his nightstand along with a black thin pen, "ready," he announced, settling down on his king sized bed, as I started pacing in front of the room.

"Okay, title it 'Thing's to do before R.I.P'," at my choice of words, he visibly flinched, making me stop my pacing, "you're right, that's too blunt, even for me. How 'bout 'Business to take care of before R.I.P'?"

"How about 'To-Do List'?" he deadpanned my choice of title, writing the simple words on the top of the piece of paper. Looking at the paper, sitting on my lap, I noticed his neat cursive writing, all curves perfect, no smear on the paper.

"Way to be Mr. Plain..." I crossed my arms, thinking of what my number one thing would be, "One. Make sure Andre will be okay."

Obediently, Easton had written down my list of things to do.

"Two. Visit my parent's graves. You know, just in case I don't see them wherever I'm going..." at the mention of my parents, his face showed regret. Nonetheless, he wrote down my wish. I knew that Easton had taken care of my pack's... remains.

"Three. Visit my pack's territory." I knew it would be a mess, how would it not be; the pack had fallen.

Four. Blank.

"Blank?" he asked, confused, as his green eyes meet my brown ones, "As in blank, blank?

"Yes, Easton," he ears perked up more at me saying his name, "blank."

I hadn't told him, but that spot was for 'Find my Mate'. I was hoping that the witch we were visiting would help me with this one. I wanted to inform him of my death. Tell him to find someone to love him like I would have. For I was not going to be able to live my fantasy with him. I was dead.

"Five. Blank," this time, he wrote it down with no protest, well learned.

This spot was reserved for him. Somewhy, he was the only one that could see me. The last person I would have a one-on-one conversation with. The last person I would be able to share my thoughts with. My feelings. I didn't know a hundred percent why he was the only one that could see me, but whatever the reason was, I planned on getting to know him. Alpha Easton of the Luna Zeita pack, the one that tried to save my pack. With this bullet, I was also aiming to show him my gratitude for his effort. For taking in Andre and giving him a chance at a future. For letting my parents rest in peace, along with our pack.

"Six. Avenge my pack." as my words left my mouth, his head snapped to look at me, "I promised, on the Moon Goddess and my pack's memory: I will take revenge on those rogues. Even if it's the last thing I do."

✽❋✽

One Night, during a full moon, a pack fell.

Leaving one wolf to avenge it.

✽❋✽

I hate this chapter so much. For starters, it makes no sense why he can drive a car but doesn't know what it's called, and the list, well, you'll find out. Also, sorry if the color of her eyes is incorrect. That's one of the things that kept me from writing, I forgot the color of their eyes. It's hard okay.

<3

xox, Roxana

xox, Roxana