Chapter XVII

NOTE: Dedicated to @boxoffice for voting!

Chapter XVII

✽❋✽

"Harder!" I panted exhaustively, "Easton! Harder!" We were currently attempting to close the suitcase filled with Easton's gift, given by his fans at the school. Most were school girls, attempting to seem charming.

This made a spark of rage start at the pit of my belly for some unknown reason. Thankfully, the fire was put out as soon as I saw no response from Easton. That's right! He doesn't care about your charm! Ha!

The suitcase was so topped with gifts that we were having difficulty zipping it close.

"Stupid chocolates! Why are you taking this anyway?" I whined out loud, giving up the pushing. "Oh, right! You're a chocolate addict!"

"I'm not a chocolate addict! It'd be rude not to take them... and what do you have against chocolate anyway?!" he asked me defensively.

"I have nothing against chocolate," I told him, then softly muttered, "but I have a lot against the giver..."

"What was that?" he asked, a smirk playing at his pink lips.

I cleared my throat, "I said we should watch the giver. I heard it's a really good movie."

"Uhuh," he gave a cheeky smile as I tried avoiding his gaze, "you do realize it was a book before a movie?"

"What?" I asked, distracted by his face.

"Forget it. Now let's get a move on!"

✽❋✽

"Take care, Alpha Zeita!" Mr. Ansen praised Easton, with a half real smile. Something told me he wasn't very fond of the Alpha.

Easton just replied with a nod, starting the engine of the dream car.

"Alright," the headmaster continued, "thank you for visiting! Come back soon!"

With that, we were off and our way. Next stop: The Witch's House!

"So, this witch," I ventured, looking at the trees as we passed in a breeze, "Is she like a witch-witch? Or like just a witch?"

Easton, gave me a 'what?' look, his eyes half on the road.

"You know..." I said, motioning with my hands, "does she have a wand and a cauldron? Ooh! Does she have a crystal ball! Oh! I know! Is she looking at us right now?"

"You're so stereotypical..." Easton mumbled, making me come down from my high.

"Whatever..." I rolled my eyes staring at passing street "You're so serious!"

"There you go again!" he laughed, making me groan.

"You're also annoying!"

"Do you really want to start this?" he asked, as we entered a city, lowering his speed.

"I'm not starting anything! You are!" I yelled, frustrated.

Giving a soft chuckle, he made a left turn. We had no stop.

"How far away are we?" I asked after moments of silence, awkwardly sitting Criss-cross-applesauce.

"Get comfortable. We're in for a long ride."

✽❋✽

Just as Easton had said, it was a couple of hours away. By a couple, he obviously meant more than three. We had been on the road for the past 3 or so hours and we had yet to arrive at the said witch's house.

"Okay, would you rather die alone or...." I trailed off thinking of a good one. We were currently on our third round of would you rather, "be killed by someone you trusted?"

I saw his gulped in the corner of my eye, as I moved my shoulders to the beat of the soft music coming from the small stereo of the radio.

"I rather die alone..." he hesitated.

I hummed, "Same. It would suck to be killed by someone you trust."

"Your turn!" I excitedly said as a more upbeat song started playing.

He cleared his throat, "Would you rather... find your mate or choose your mate?"

"Ooh! That's easy!" I said, raising my pointer finger, "Find my mate!

Ten Years Ago...

Mom and dad. The perfect couple in my eyes. Yes, they fought, argued and declared war on each other all the time. But in the end, they always made up.

When they did, they were the most adorable. Nicknames always flew around the house. It made my young-self dream of that. A mate.

Someone who'd love me fully. Someone who would always care. Someone to fight with. Someone to argue. Someone to make up with.

Someone who I would share nicknames with. That's what I've always dreamed of.

"...but I guess it's too late for that now..."

After that, our little game of Would you rather ended. We both stayed quiet until early, sunset when the car came to a stop.

"About time," I mumbled, opening the door and opening the door to get out of the car.

We were parked in front of a small cabin. Trees surrounding us from all sides. The warriors came to a stop as well, parking and spreading around for patrol. We made our way down the path to the cabin, Easton knocking on the door.

Soon after, the door opened. Revealing a young, beautiful blonde woman.

This made my anxious smile fall. I tried standing tip-toe to look behind the blond beauty.

Not finding anyone behind her, I slouched, "Where's the witch?"

She smiled at me, "That would be me!" she said in a cheery voice.

"Wow! You are nothing like I expected!" I said, nonchalantly. Well, I was expecting an old 200-year-old lady. With a mole or two. I guess I was a bit of a stereotyping person. Easton was right!

"I was-" I interrupted the not so old witch.

"Let me guess! Expecting us?!" I said, jumping slightly like a little kid.

Easton was probably rolling his eyes by now.

"No... I was going to say I was not expecting any visitors this late at night..."

"Oh...."

✽❋✽

She was a kid inside.

He was serious.

She dreamed about love.

He dreamed about revenge.

But what they got in the end... was...

✽❋✽