Chapter XXVIII

Chapter XXVIII

✽❋✽

"Easton," the old man began, his gaze still on the space of nothing, "I knew you were going nuts, pup, but what is the meaning of this?"

Going nuts? I guess it was a bit wild to just come out and present a ghost because it was hard to believe. But the least the old guy could do was give us a chance.

"This is Lynnette Howlee, a member of (I totally forgot the pack's name, HELP!) pack," Easton took a breath, closing his eyes, then looking at the old wolf, "she's a ghost, who has been haunting me for the last week. I know why she's haunting me, as most of you do as well. But she's here today, to ask for your forgiveness towards the Zeita Pack. She-"

That's all he got out before the main councilman scoffed, "Unbelievable!" he shook his head, giving a look of disbelief towards his fellow council members. "First, you go off on a killing spree-" what? "-to the extent of killing your own mate-" what?! "then you have the audacity to come here today and look at me in the eyes and say your dead mate is here today to ask for our forgiveness towards the Zeita's?" What...

At this point, I was no longer looking at the council, in fact, they no longer existed at this moment. They didn't matter. As nothing else matters. My focus was now on Easton. As his focus was now on me. I looked into his beautiful green orbs. Those orbs that I had grown to love. The green orbs I've fallen for. The green orbs full of regret.

The orbs that betrayed me.

I gaped. Thinking of this last week we spent together.

The all-nighter plan night...

During the first night, while Easton slept with exhaustion, the spirit sat near the window staring at his sleeping figure, as the moon shone down on them.

The car rides...

Hours on end, the two spent time on the enclosed space of Lynnette's dream car. Sharing childhood stories, secrets, sharing things about themselves.

The return to my pack lands...

The two stood in silence as they gave a moment to those who had fallen, from both packs. Easton stood quietly observing his mate as she took in the death of her family and pack.

The moments of comfortable silence...

The two sat in silence as the trees breezed by and the road zoomed by. It was a comfortable silence, as they both enjoyed each other's company. Relaxed. Comfortable.

The sweet conversations that were shared...

It was late at night, chatter could be heard from one room.

"You're such a meanie!"

"Then can you be my Mickey Mouse?"

I blinked up at Easton, and in a soft whispered, I finally spoke, "You lied to me..."

He shook his head, worry appearing in his green eyes, "No, wait Lynnette, listen to me-"

I huffed, backing away from his grabbing hands, "No!" I grabbed my hair, confused, unsure of what to do. "No! You listen to me! You lied!"

"I trusted you! I gave you the last thing I could give! I gave you my trust!"

He reached out to me, I kept backing away. "You're a liar! This was all a lie!"

"Listen to me-" Easton kept attempting to talk to me at no vain.

"You killed my pack!"

"Stop!" he shook his head, his eyes filling with tears. My eyes were a running river by now.

"You killed my parents!" I hiccuped, pain filling my chest.

"Lynnette, please stop!" he begged, tears starting to stream down his face.

"You lied to me about our relationship!" I blamed him, shaking my head, sobbing in pain, "you're my mate! You're my mate and you killed me!"

"You killed me!"

✽❋✽

There once was an Alpha who sought revenge.

He was blinded by fury, he only saw red.

He killed, he killed, he killed his mate.

She haunted, she haunted, she haunted him.

But be forewarned, what howls around...

Is howled back.

✽❋✽

Author's Note

Thanks so much for 100,000 reads. Along with that, thanks for #58 on werewolves.

I couldn't have done it without you.

xox, Roxana