Chapter VIII

Chapter VIII

✽❋✽

"I'm sorry." Alpha Blaze faintly whispered, looking down, shameful.

I didn't understand. What was he sorry for? He had tried to help me pack. He shouldn't be ashamed of trying. I'd tried to. Lots of things. Sometimes I succeed, and sometimes I failed. It was a normal thing in this world. A fifty-fifty chance.

"Don't be sorry," I assured him, wiping away a piece of my temporary dyed blonde hair, making his attention go to my head, "you tried helping."

He didn't bring the subject up again, instead, he licked his plump lips. Plump? Where did that come from?

"Why did you dye your hair?" he asked a bit conflicted, his brows knitted.

I gave a laugh slash snort, why do I always do that?, "It's stupid really; to think about it, it's so pointless now. Everything now seems to be pointless. You know what my biggest regret is?" I asked him, turning away, then looking into his glossy green eyes, "I never found my mate. I never got my dream. To make a family. To grow old, see my kids grow and find their mates, and they'd find their's and ah!" a cry ripped from my being, a heaving sob following, "Why?! WHY?! What am I doing here?! I should be dead! With my pack... and my parents- oh, my parent's, Moon Goddess, I'll never see my parents!"

I was a mess. Heaving as if I were dying, but I was already dead. Walking around as a spirit. For a reason, I knew not. With only...

I looked at Alpha Blaze in the eyes, the ones that held sadness and regret, "How come you're the only one that can see me?"

His eyes widened, an alarm going off in them, he was suddenly having trouble breathing. He looked at me, as a little kid with his hands in the cookie jar with the last cookie. What is he hiding?

After gaping for a while, he answered with his words stuttering, "I don't know. My theory is because your brother is here, I'm his - what do you call it- his guardian. My guess is you are here to make sure he's safe. Yeah, that's good," he muttered the last part to himself.

That could be it, but why wasn't Andre the one to be able to see me? What was so special about Alpha Blaze?

Then I remembered, "I'm planning to send him to the Academy."

"Why are you sending Andre away?" I asked the strange Alpha, now serious.

No longer stuttering, he unhesitatingly answers, "As I mentioned, I'm his guardian. Your family comes from a powerful line of Gammas and he has great potential. I believe preparing him is what's best for him. After all, my Gamma's child is unable to bare; your brother could take the position when the time comes to it."

It was a great plan. A greater and much safer position than a warrior. It was perfect for Andre.

"What am I supposed to do," I asked, looking him in the eyes, looking for guidance, "I'm so lost, I'm so confused." I squeezed my eyes feeling the tears welling up, taking a deep breath I continued, "What am I supposed to do. "I'm - dead. I just want to rest. I don't want to think anymore. I don't want to hurt."

"Oh, Moon Goddess, help me." Alpha Blaze softly whispered looking out the window in his room, it was dark now. His room smelled nice. Really nice. The fragrance of trees and - chocolate?

"Why does it smell like chocolates in here?" I sidetracked myself, sniffing around- literally, "Why do you smell like chocolate?"

This brought an amused smile to my face. The big Alpha of the infamous Luna Zeita pack smelled like chocolates. It was- cute.

His mouth curved at the side, a horrified look taking over his face, cheeks tinting pink. My eyes popped joining my jaw that was on the floor. I gasped, "Is the big Alpha Blaze blushing? Pinch me now, I must be dreaming!"

He rapidly cleared his throat and recovered his posture, "No, I just, ah, I prefer a cup of chocolate over coffee." I stared at him, surprised. "Okay, the truth is I've always love chocolate. My grandmother... she used to always make me chocolate. I was addicted to chocolate as a kid. Thank the Moon Goddess I had werewolves genes or I would have been obese by the age of ten."

That got us laughing. His laugh was a symphony to my ears.

It felt good to laugh. Dead or not, I would be in this world for a while. That I knew. I had to make this extra time worth it. For whatever it was.

"Why do you call me Alpha Blaze?" he curiously asks, his soft green orbs looking into my brown ones.

I bite my lip, looking back into his captivating eyes, "Is that not your name?"

"Well, yeah. It's my name. But I'm actually Easton Zeita. Alpha Zeita, if you'd like. Sean just calls me Blaze as an inside joke," he shares rubbing his neck. He looked like a model from Luna Eclipse magazine.

Focus Lynnette, "Your name is not Blaze?!" I blurt out. For the last episodes of what my life (death) has been, I had thought this guy was named Blaze. Well, don't I feel smart!

"No. But, I mean- you could've asked," he points out, looking nonchalant.

I gaped at him, my right eye starting to twitch. His mouth curved upwards, a soft breath slash laugh leaving his soft looking lips.

What was life? or death?

I suddenly had a light-bulb moment. I was dead. It was clear. The signs were all over my path. I was pure physical evidence. How many can say they got to finish something after death. I was going to make my extra time worth. I was going to live my final time and I will do all the things I dreamed of doing.

With the sudden exhilaration, I knew something that was sure to be on my list; getting to know this Alpha in front of me.

I don't know how, but he had lured an interest from out of me.

✽❋✽

Once upon a night, a moon lured excitement into a girl.

With this came determination.

✽❋✽