Chapter IV ✓

CHAPTER IV

✽❋✽ 

Two hours had gone by, and Easton had not awakened. While his friend tended to him, wiping sweat off his forehead as his body burned with a fever, I sat on the other side; worried about the fact that his caring friend nor anyone for that matter could see me and that the only one who apparently could, was out cold.

I admired his friend. His loyalty and care for his friend were admirable; they must have known each other for a long time. That was something I lacked. Becoming a warrior required undeterred determination. I focused on my training from a young age, leaving no time to create friendships. Their friendship was something that panged my heart, as it seemed I was far more gone than here, somewhy it felt like that would no longer be possible in the future, and I regretted that fact. Was I dead?

There was a knock on the door, bringing me back from my reverie. "Honey, can I come in?"

"Yes, come in, Hun," the man said, twisting the towel to disperse the sweat then going back to tending to Easton.

A short blonde came through the door, holding a tray with food. She stared at the man, "Sean! I swear, sometimes it feels like you love Easton more than your mate," she said, pouting then scoffing, "I can't believe this is what you make me jealous of."

"You know there's no reason to be jealous, Ellie bear," the man, Sean said, smiling as he spoke, "I love you both equally."

The girl, Ellie, scoffed, "This guy, I swear!" she murmured, holding herself back from hitting her mate upside the head, "You should eat. Easton will be fine; he's strong. He'll get over this."

"I know, but you didn't see him earlier. Hallucinating a dead person was alive and here," he spoke, making my eyes go wide, "I'm worried about him,"

"Well, he's suffering," she said, placing a hand on his shoulder, "it'll take time,"

I zoned out from their conversation. Hallucinating a dead person? My breathing began to heave. A dead person? Was I dead? As tears started streaking down my cheek, a groan came from beside me; I turned to look at Easton as his eyes opened. The other pair in the room turned to him, "Easton!" Ellie said at the same time Sean yelled out, "Oh my Goddess, Easton, thank her highness you're awake!" and threw his arms around the awakening man.

As they hugged, Ellie let out a soft laugh as she rolled her eyes at her mate's reaction. Meanwhile, Easton's eyes landed on me. He blinked and turned away.

"Stop, Sean. I'm okay. I'm sorry for worrying you. I'll be okay."

"Oh shush, here you go," Sean said, grabbing the tray with food that was meant for him, "Eat up and gain your energy,"

Ellie scoffed at his actions, "I swear you two! I'll let everyone know the Alpha is awake," she said, "Easton, we're all here for you." and with that, she walked out of the room.

"I'll be okay Sean, go and pay attention to your mate; she doesn't look very happy with you."

"But Easton--"

"No buts, go."

With a slump in his step, Sean made his way to the door. Before leaving, he turned to Easton with a pout, "Go!" Easton said, picking up a sandwich from the tray.

Once the door shut, Easton took a bite. There was a minute of silence, then he spoke, "You're not real."

"I don't- I don't understand what's happening. Something - something is wrong," I said in a shaky voice.

"You're not real," he repeated.

I walked closer, "My name is Lynnette Howlee. I'm from the Alfe pack. I - I don't know what happened. I - we... I can't remember. Please."

"Stay away. You're not real!" he spoke louder. I closed in on him, trying to reason with him. I was real. I was here, and for some reason, he was the only one that could see me.

"Please!" I pleaded.

"Go away! You're dead! You're not real!"

Tears continued streaming down my cheeks; I couldn't make sense of the situation. I just wanted to know my family was safe. I wanted to be back home in the comfort of my people.

"Please."

✽❋✽