Chapter XXXI

Chapter XXXI

All stood still.

All were silent.

As the sun went down, and the bloody fields darken, their world stood still.

...

No one dared utter a word. No one dared to body other than to breath and blink.

Then, a cry was heard. A small voice of a child. A child in despair.

"No!" it shotted through the silence, "No! Lynnette, not you too!"

Blinking from this state of shock, Alpha Zeita looked up from his dead mate. Just in time to be punched in the face by a small hand with a will to fight.

"It's all your fault!" the small voice screamed, it was a small boy. A wolf, nonetheless. "It's all your fault!" turning to the girl that played in the Alpha's arms, he threw his arms around the lifeless figure. "Come on, Sissy! You gotta wake up! Mommy and Dad won't wake up! Please...WAKE UP!"

Waking from his stupor state, Easton looked at the boy in front of him. As he screamed for his sister to wake up. His parents were dead. His pack was destroyed. His whole life shattered in mere hours. All because of him.

His hunger had caused this.

His need for revenge resulted in this.

His loss of his significant other.

He was the cause.

The cause for why this boy would grow up to resent the world just like he had.

He was the cause for the bodies of the innocent people that now laid in piles on the field.

He was the cause his mate now laid in his arms...dead.

All this was caused by him. By his hands.

Yet, after all this, Easton looked for relief. For vengeance. But he felt none. All the years of hatred and thirst for this people's blood. Yet, there was no satisfaction it what he had accomplished.

A ruthless pack of loyal wolves at his command. Whom he had led to destroy life after life.

He felt sick. Dissatisfied and disgusted.

This was his price. For all those lives he had taken, for all the bad he had caused. He was paying now. He would never get to experience love, again. Never feel the warmth of being cared for. He had lost half himself. And he welcomed the pain. Knowing fully well, this was his payment to the Gods. To the universe, this was him paying for all his wrongs.

He would suffer an eternity to the minimum. Cold forever.
Alone...forever.

He gently laid his beautiful mate's body on the green grass. Taking in her beauty. He had been given a goddess. A true Aphrodite. A venus. Her snow white skin that paled to death. Her full lips, the color of a spring rose, the perfect mix of pink and red. Her face was the look of perfection, the same could be said about the rest of her figure. Her round and curvy hips, her full breast, both perfect for pups. Her long legs and tiny feet. He was truly given a venus.

Sadly, he would never know if her personality was as godly as her figure. Now, he could only imagine. And so, the young Alpha turned from his shattered future of what could have been and faced what it was as he walked away, mind linking his close friend to bring the boy and take care of the rest. After that, he shut the link and walked away. He walked with one vision in his head. Her baby blue eyes, full of innocence in the real world.

×××

Love you all :)

Xox, Roxana