What in the Hell?

"Holy shit..." Tucker mumbled as the group came across a broken city.

The group has been traveling for hours now. You guys haven't come across anything but fallen cities and broken towns. No signs of life or activity in any of the places you guys have searched...well at least not yet.

"Guys do you really think this is safe?" Simmons asked while the group stumbled into a leaning skyscraper.

"Nope." Church responded, appearing by Carolina. "Let's go up."

Simmons and Sarge glanced at each other while Carolina lead the way. There was a shattered window, with glass teeth still hanging out on the sides, a perfect entrance. After Carolina went it was Wash. Then Tucker, Caboose, Simmons, Kimball and Sarge. Felix went up and helped Tex up, pissing you off til the point where you wanted to stab him. He reached down to you offering you a hand but you slapped it away and got up yourself.

Asshole...

Grif started to grab the frame of the broken window and the building started to creak.

"Okay that's just messed up building." He spat and Tucker and Tex snickered.

He got up and the building creaked even louder.

"Bullshit!" Grif yelled and Carolina rolled her eyes.

"Guys, we need to get higher, I can't see anything from down here." She commanded and Wash agreed.

The entire group started exploring. You found a couple supply crates which you found weird to be placed in a skyscraper.

After climbing floor after floor you estimated you were about on floor 70, way high up.

"Woah..." You muttered as you looked through windows of the building. Some were already cracked open.

Not paying any attention you slipped on a shard of glass sending you backwards, almost through opened window. You fell into Wash's arms and instantly started to blush.

"Careful... you alright?" He asked and you nodded.

You saw Felix look away jealously immediately brightening your mood.

"Shit just got real." Tucker whispered to Carolina and she rolled her eyes.

"Guys we need to keep moving or else-"

The freelancer was soon interrupted by rumbling noise followed by a low creaking noise again. Everyone stood still as if moving a muscle would cause the entire downfall of the building.

"What was that?" Tex asks and you roll your eyes.

"Don't move." Wash commanded and the creaking continued.

Suddenly a bird flew up and perched itself on the frame of a broken window, catching Caboose's attention. You already knew what Caboose was going to do.

"Caboose..." You start but his attention doesn't take itself off the bird.

"Oh look...a bird." Caboose states and you bite your lip, thinking.

"Okay, Caboose...buddy listen to me. You can't move." You say and his focus is still on the bird.

"But (Y/N)! I have never seen a bird this close before!" He responds and you take a small step towards him unintentionally.

"Wait!" Wash yells and another creaking noise erupted through the building.

"Fuck..." You flinched and looked towards Caboose.

"Here birdie...I just want to say hi." Caboose says in a gentle voice taking a step towards the bird.

Suddenly the whole building drops a floor, causing you to lose balance. Wash moves and catches yet again and the whole structure begins to rumble.