Gray and Pink Armor

After the dam and the half hour walk, the group finally decided to rest a few days. You came across another city, this time it looked more modern or at least to the group's standards.

"Hey guys, look in here." Wash said and the group followed him into the building.

"Huh...looks like one of those old armories... " Church replied appearing by Carolina. "Alright guys...well Carolina needs some rest...we'll see you guys in the morning."

And with that everyone dispersed, the area was large enough for everyone to have their own room.

Just as you were about to sleep though, someone knocked on your door. At first you didn't want to open it but for some reason you actually answered it.

"Felix?" You asked as Felix stood before you, looking very...excited.

"(Y/N)! You have to see this!" He whisper shouted, making his way into your room.

"What?" You chuckled and Felix turned to you then looked at the doorway.

"Alright sweetheart, c'mon in." He whisper shouted and your heart absolutely melted.

She came running in, towards Felix, squeezing out of pure happiness. She had mini gray and pink full suit of armor on, looking almost identical to yours except hers was much much smaller.

She ran into Felix's leg because her helmet was just a bit too big for her. He picked her up as she continued to squeal and laugh in excitement.

"Oh my gosh! That's so freaking adorable! How did you even get that?!" You laugh and he fixes up her suit.

"Haha I found it...looks like this used to be one of the training facilities for the youngsters." He chuckled and you walked up to them both.

"You are just the cutest!" You say grabbing Sarah's hands and shaking them a little bit.

She giggled and threw her hands up in the air and putting them around your neck, giving you a hug.

"Hey can you take her for a minute?" He asks and you nod.

You put her down and knelt down next to her.

"You know who he is?" You ask, taking off her helmet and she nods. "Yeah? Who is he?"

You smile and she jumps up.

"Dada!" She squeals and you're shocked.

"Uh haha what sweetie?" You ask and she points in Felix's direction.

"Dada.." She says then points to you. "Mama."

For a moment you're absolutely shocked yet...happy? This girl actually thought you were her own mother. Weird but...oddly sweet.

"Uhh Felix?!" You call after him kind of nervous.

"Yeah?" He responds and you stand up.

"Can you come in here for a sec?" You ask and he walks into the room wearing a tight long sleeve shirt and shorts.

"What do ya need?" He responded and at first you couldn't speak.

His dark hair was messy but friken hot. His tight shirt definitely defined his toned body and his dog tag hanging from his neck made him go up like five levels. I guess you could say you were 'checking him out'.

"Oh um...right. Uh did you tell-I-I mean did you hear Sarah and she...never mind you know what," you say not able to put words together properly. "Sarah, sweetheart, tell Felix what you said, yeah?"

She nodded then went up to Felix.

"Dada," She said poking his leg. "Mama." She said poking your leg.

For a second Felix was shocked but as he was, he had a smile mixed in with it.

"That's awesome!" He said and you slapped his shoulder.

"No! It's not! Felix!" You scold quietly.

"What? Why?" He whispers and you explain.

"Felix, if something happens to us or we have to let her go she's going to be heartbroken because she thinks that we're her parents! Do you want that for her?!"

"...Fine." He sighed, kneeling down to Sarah's level. "Sarah...sweetie, um look I'm not...I-I mean I can't be..."

He stopped, not able to finish his sentence, let alone find the right words for it. He looked down for a second to think...but of course it had no effect. He looked back at Sarah, who stared at him with eyes that no one could ever deny. He couldn't do it.

"C'mon...let's get you to bed sweetheart." Felix stood and Sarah grabbed his finger.

He started to lead her out but you stopped him for a second.

"Felix!" You whisper-shout, concerned about the worst. "I told you that-"

"(Y/N), that's not going to happen. I will do anything and everything in my power to keep that from happening...she's not going anywhere." He whispered back, his words genuine and meaningful.

"Felix I..." To be completely honest you had no idea how to respond...you looked down and thought for a moment...was that a good thing for him? Or bad? "That's actually really sweet...but if-"

"Goodnight (Y/N)." He interrupted then out of nowhere lifts your head and kisses you.

He pulls away and smiles at you and you smile back. He starts to walk away then stops one more time and turns to you.

"Oh and...I kinda like the idea of that." He said and you tilted your head in confusion. "Dad."

***

Felix's POV

I pulled up a chair next to Sarah's bed, she was asleep already. She was pretty sleepy even throughout the day...poor girl.

I thought about what (Y/N) had said earlier...about us having to let Sarah go...and just the thought of it killed me. Even though I've only known a few days I've actually come to feeling that I'm...responsible for her.

The truth is, I know that one day I'm going to have to let her go...sooner or later it is going to happen. But that got me thinking...would it hurt her more than it would hurt me? I don't know...maybe I'm just insane.

I think that if...I-I mean when she can't be with us anymore...it'll probably be easier for her to let go. She's still young, but smart for her age but...I'm not sure if she understands love like that yet. It's just...I'm the one who's not ready to let go.