The Fake

"Wash?" You asked and he looked up.

"(Y/N)?...Look it's not..." He trailed off, and you could tell his voice was slightly shaky.

"It's not what, Wash?" You questioned and he looked back down.

"I didn't...I'm sorry...she knows...your parents and I..." He sighed and Felix pushed you behind him, making you feel a little safer. "It was an honest mistake I..."

As soon as he mentioned your parents you almost snapped. Just the mentioning of them brought back painful flashbacks and memories.

"My parents? What-Wash...what did you do?" You ask but he couldn't answer.

"I-I'm sorry." He said before taking off.

You and everyone else rush after him but then stop in front of the door he walked out of earlier.

"Oh my gosh." You whispered, stepping back and Felix caught you.

"(Y/N), you okay?" He asked and you shook your head.

Your eyes suddenly started to get watery and Felix saw. He pulled you closer into a hug and you tried not to cry.

This wasn't something Wash would normally do. He's just...not like that. He's sweet and gentle and he doesn't kill unless it was absolutely necessary. How could he do this?

"Shh it's okay, I've gotcha...just don't look 'kay?" Felix whispered and you nodded, burying your face into his chest and trying not to cry. "Carolina, who is it?"

"No way." She mumbled before telling him. "That's Tex...I don't even recognize her.

"Wait isn't Wash killing Tex a good thing?" Simmons asked and Carolina shrugged.

"Well it could be...but we don't know what happened between them before he killed her. And have you seen this place? It's not like Wash to be violent and all this? He's gotta be going through something and what does this say about his mental state?" She said and everyone exchanged glances.

"I'm going after him." You say breaking out of Felix's hug, making sure not to look at the blood plastered on the walls and floor.

"Wait, (Y/N)." Felix said but you were already on your way. "(Y/N)!" He called out but you didn't turn around because the blood and gore was too much.

He sighed before attempting to run after you but Kimball stepped in and stopped him.

"You need to let her handle this, Felix." She said calmly but Felix was still anxious.

"But...her and Wash-" Felix started but she soon interrupted sharply, causing Felix to actually listen.

"Hey, loyalty is trust. If you want her to stay, trust her."

***

You followed Wash out of the building and you knew he was going to keep going unless you stopped him.

"Wait, Wash." You say and he turns around and notices that you're actually crying.

"...(Y/N), I'm sorry okay? I never meant for any of this I never even intended to kill her but-"

"Wash slow down. What happened in there? Cuz honestly...I'm a little freaked out." You say wiping a tear and he sighs.

"Okay...look," He said taking a step forward but you backed off almost immediately as he did. He gave you a confused look while you shook your head.

"No, stay away from me. Just tell me what happened and I'll leave you alone." You say and he looks down.

"(Y/N) I...I just...I can't." He said yet again and you almost lost it.