Hot Dam

"No way..." Wash said gazing to the scenery around him. "There's no way this thing is still stable."

During your long journey you guys came across a large dam; it was old and worn down, it seemed pretty cool but safe? Maybe not so much.

"Well at least it doesn't have to hold back water...right little one?" Felix said looking up at Sarah who was riding on his shoulders.

She smiled and nodded, continuing to play with her stuffed teddy bear. You couldn't help but smile at the sight of Felix and Sarah...why was it so darn cute?

"Alright guys, c'mon let's cross." Church said appearing then disappearing.

You guys started crossing and again you looked back at Felix as he carried Sarah down from his shoulders. She took a hold of one of his fingers again and they started to walk across with the rest of the group. You swear, you literally were going to take a picture of how adorable they were.

***

Felix's POV

I looked down at Sarah as she dragged her teddy bear along the dam. She tugged at my arm and pulled me over to the edge, she grabbed the side of the wall and tried to jump up to see over it but she was too short. I picked her up so she could get a better look.

"It's a scary." She said and I couldn't hold back my chuckle.

"Okay, okay." I said taking her down from the 'scary' sight.

She grabbed back onto my finger and continued to walk. Soon enough we were walking next to (Y/N) in the back of the group and I noticed she was being extremely quiet.

"Hey (Y/N)?" I asked and she answered without making eye contact.

"Yeah?"

"Look um...I'm really sorry about uh...you know what, but I swear I didn't mean to hurt you and I never wanted to kiss her I swear it was just a stupid mistake...could you at least talk to me?...Please?" I asked and she stopped and looked at me.

"Promise?" She asked I was kind of confused for a second.

"Yes...I promise." I said truthfully and she just nodded.

"Okay then...I forgive you." She simply stated and at that point I was really confused...(Y/N)'s not usually...easy like that.

"Wait what?" I asked and she let out a really small chuckle.

"I said I forgive you." She slightly smiled and I gave her a suspicious look through my helmet. "What? I said I forgive you, why are you looking at me like that?"

"It's just...that's not...that's not like you to just forgive someone like that." I stated and she let out a scoff/chuckle.

"And it's not like you to be nice 24/7 and actually care for a child like you are now."

Suddenly the ground beneath the three of you began to shake, interrupting your conversation with Felix. It began to shake more violently and you realized that a structure this old and worn down probably wouldn't hold anymore. You heard a loud crack and that was your cue.

"Go! Guys get off the dam! Run!" You scream at the others ahead of you and they immediately start sprinting towards the other side.

A large section behind you has already started to collapse, you and Felix start to book it to the other side. Felix carried Sarah in his arms and sprinted alongside you until a large section of the dam just crumbled down into pieces underneath your feet. You managed to make it to a temporary stable part but Felix quickly grabbed a hold of a ledge and held on to both Sarah and the ledge.

"Felix!" You yell and go to the edge he's currently handing onto. "Grab my hand!"

You reach out to him but he shakes his head and begins to pull Sarah up.

"Take her first, hurry!" He replies and he brings her up close enough to the edge so you can grab her.

You take her and pull her up as quickly as possible then try to reach Felix again but he refuses.

"Get her to the others I can handle myself...go!" He says and you hesitantly run her back to the others.

Felix manages to get up and start running but the floor behind him is catching up. The last part crumbles and he's finally next you, safe.

He kneels down next to Sarah and examines her.

"Sweetheart are you hurt? Any scratches, cuts?" He worries and you answer for her.

"She's okay Felix." You say and he stands up.

"Okay." He sighs and Sarah grabs his finger yet again.

"Scary." She says and Felix pats her head with his other hand.

"It's okay little one, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." He says and you smile.

***

As night came around again, you all decided to crash in the middle of nowhere this time...everyone was too exhausted to move any further. By the time you finished setting up your stuff everyone was already asleep. Well that is everyone except for Felix.

You saw him tucking in Sarah for the night. Making sure she was warm and comfortable, he took off his helmet and gave her a goodnight kiss on her forehead and that's when it hit you. You finally thought it and knew what you've been trying to think about Felix for the past couple of days.

Felix would be an awesome dad.

Author's Note:

I know this one's super short but I just couldn't wait to post it and it's just something for you to binge on while I finish up the next chapter! Be prepared for extreme cuteness!! Til next time!

-DrawnMystery